Business Development Manager
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
MGA Homecare specializes in providing private duty nursing, personal care services, and therapy to the medically complex population. We deliver high-quality care in the home and community-based setting, the setting which is the lowest cost to the payers. We aim to be the employer of choice and the partner of choice to referral sources, state government agencies, and health plans. We currently provide care in Arizona, Colorado, and Texas, with a plan to grow into new states and markets.
The Business Development Manager identifies and helps to develop strategic relationships with partners or potential customers. Assists in the development of a strong pipeline of new customers and projects in accounts through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting. Works with marketing, sales, and product development teams to implement business development initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
New Business Development
- Cold call as appropriate within your market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within MGA’s CRM system
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to enhance the company’s performance.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively.
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook, Employee Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 2-3 years’ prior lead generation or inside sales experience
- 2-5 years’ managerial experience
- Healthcare, medical device, software, Pharmaceutical and/or CRO experience a plus but not required
- Ability to work independently in fast-past environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM systems a plus
- Ability to meet or exceed targets and quotas
- Enthusiastic, reliable and independent self-starter with strong organizational, decision making, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed and work as an individual contributor as well as part of a team
- Honest, high level of work ethic and integrity, assertive and strong desire to succeed
- Deal with setbacks philosophically and learns from these situations
- Team player who supports others when needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.