Occupational Therapy Assistant - Homecare
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
About MGA Homecare
Are you looking for a work environment where you are fully supported in developing your skills and pursuing your career path?
Do you enjoy working with a diverse patient population?
Are you looking to be a part of a highly skilled team of healthcare professionals who are committed to providing the highest level of care to those in need?
If so, MGA is the place for you!!!
MGA is a Home Healthcare organization that specializes in providing professional home healthcare services including nursing and occupational, physical, and speech therapy to those in need within our community. Our mission is to help patients and their families by delivering exceptional clinical care with individualized attention and support.
A Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant provides coordinated occupational therapy to patients of all age groups under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies of MGA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers the occupation therapy treatment plan as developed by the Occupational Therapist.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Apply concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
- Provide effective communication to patient/family, team members, and other health care professionals as evidenced by clinical notes, case conferences and communication notes.
- Facilitates patient’s ROM, strength, coordination, need for and use of adaptive equipment and environmental modifications, functional mobility and safety issues as related to patient’s ADL performance needs under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Provide health education to client and/or caregiver.
- MGA Policies, Procedures and Handbook are adhered to.
- Clinical documentation must be completed accurately and submitted per agency policies and procedures.
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Independently keeps track of scheduling/rescheduling needs of clients and reports on time to all appointments.
- Participation in Agency’s other mandated activities as requested by Agency Director such as In-services.
- The work environment is highly variable, as care is generally provided in private homes.
- Lighting, acoustics, air quality, temperature and environment hazards are not predictable.
- The employee is required to travel frequently to complete home health visits.
- Graduate of an Accredited School with an Associate Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current state license as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Reliable Transportation
- Current BLS certification per state regulations
- Displays good observation skills and judgement as well as good oral and written communication skills.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to regularly sit, stand, stop, bend, kneel, walk, balance, crouch, crawl, push, pull and reach with hands and arms and other physical activities as deemed necessary by job duties.
- Vision and Hearing capabilities within normal limits, with or without aid.
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift or move 100 pounds or more if applicable.
- Ability to perform the anticipated level of physical assist required to provide safe client care. If the anticipated level of assist is greater than that which the employee can safely provide, the supervisor is to be notified immediately.
Other attributes rewarded
- Oral/motor and/or sensory feeding
As an MGA Therapist you can expect
- Competitive weekly pay
- Create your own work schedule (full and part time available)
- Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and more)
- 401k with company match
- Telemedicine opportunity (training provided)
- Personal tablet and keyboard provided for charting
- Mentorship and skills training available
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.