Therapy Lead – Physical Therapy
- Denver, CO, USA
Welcome to the team!
Our team is comprised of nurses and other healthcare professionals who are more than just providers, they’re partners. If you have a passion for helping others and want to make a true difference in your community, MGA Homecare is the place for you!
Why choose MGA Homecare?
- Make an Impact - Health happens at home, not only the hospital.
- Create Rewarding Patient Relationships – opportunity to provide holistic care in the patient’s home while educating family members on best care practices.
- Care for Diverse Patient Populations - home healthcare nurses serve patients from various backgrounds and ages.
- Find Autonomy and Independence - Home nursing gives nurses a chance to be more innovative than any other setting.
- Create a Flexible, Customized Career – opportunity to choose your schedule and a career path of growth.
The Therapy Lead reports to the Therapy Director and provides direct supervision to field staff therapists/assistants. Furthermore, this position will be responsible for working with the Therapy Manager to ensure quality of care to patients and families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise field therapists/assistants within discipline
- Orient new employees within discipline to agency and therapy policies
- Conduct supervisory visits with field staff upon initial hire and at least once every 180 days; and provide mentorship and supervision as needed to ensure clinical competency of therapists
- Assist with assignment of patients to therapists and help manage caseloads to meet patient and therapist needs
- Perform evaluations and treatment visits to maintain a caseload as set by the Therapy Director and to help build caseloads for field therapists/assistants as needed
- Review weekly therapy documentation for quality assurance and oversee plan of care compliance
- Help perform clinical interviews to provide discipline-specific insight for hiring of quality therapists
- Assist with Marketing, Recruiting, and Community education as requested and available
- Assist with corrective action plans and annual performance reviews of field staff
- Supervision of therapists as assigned by the Therapy Director
- Other duties as assigned and discussed with Therapy Director
- Help create 485’s, create and obtain orders, and audit therapy charts to maintain compliance with agency and state standards at the direction of the Therapy Director.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively.
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearanc
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook, Employee Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- Education: Doctorate degree in an accredited Physical Therapy discipline
- Current State License in good standing as a Physical Therapist
- Current Driver’s license
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years professional experience as a licensed Therapist
- Minimum of 1 year pediatric experience
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- Home health experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year of clinical interview experience
- Skills: Clinical expertise in discipline and able to mentor others
- Current BLS/CPR accredited by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Good interpersonal skills and high level of integrity
- Team builder and team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
As an MGA Therapy Lead you can expect
- $80,000 Annual Salary
- Cell Phone and Car Allowances
- Benefits (401k, medical, dental, vision, life, and more)
- Paid time off
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.