- Denver, CO, USA
Welcome to the team!
Our team is comprised of nurses and other healthcare professionals who are more than just providers, they’re partners. If you have a passion for helping others and want to make a true difference in your community, MGA Homecare is the place for you!
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) functions in an assistive role in the provisions of patient care services through regular assignments or delegated tasks and is supervised by the RN. The CNA demonstrates the ability to carry out specific tasks with reasonable skill and safety that adheres to the prevailing standard of practice in the nursing community.
- Each shift or visit reflects the provision of care rendered in accordance with Physician’s orders/Plan of Care/Home Health Aide Assignment Sheet.
- Document all tasks completed and may include:
- Checking/documenting patients’ pulse, temperature and respiration.
- Assists patients in simple prescribed exercises and range of motion.
- Maintains records in order to report and discuss observations with a supervisor or case manager.
- Provides patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing ang grooming.
- Changes bed linens, washing and ironing patients’ laundry, and cleaning patients’ quarters.
- Performs a variety of duties as requested by client; running errands, preparing meals, etc.
- Functions as a team member demonstrating collaborations with and responsibility to the patient, Physician and the health care team.
- Shifts or visits are according to the orders on the Plan of Care/Home Health Aide Assignment sheet
- Observations of significant changes in patient status are communicated to the RN Case Manager.
- Attendance at Multi-Disciplinary Team Meetings is recommended and is documented via sign-in sheets.
- Communicates to RN Case Manager/Director of Clinical Services for each patient as needed.
- Participation in Agency’s other mandated activities as requested by Agency Director such as In-Services.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively
- All clinical documentation must be completed accurately and submitted timely per agency policy/guidelines.
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlines in the Employee Handbook, Employees Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- Graduation from an approved certification/program/accredited school/undergraduate/graduate school or post graduate education to reflect ability to preform job as described.
- Current, unencumbered state certification to practice as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Have professional experience required per state regulations to perform the job as described.
- Successful completion of assigned screening/competency testing with a proficiency score of 80% or greater.
- Provide copy of current TB results or Chest X-Ray.
- Provide copy of current CPR.
- Be flexible, organized and have the ability to exercise sound judgement to perform the job duties/responsibilities as described.
Why choose MGA Homecare?
- Make an Impact - Health happens at home, not only the hospital.
- Create Rewarding Patient Relationships – opportunity to provide holistic care in the patient’s home while educating family members on best care practices.
- Care for Diverse Patient Populations - home healthcare nurses serve patients from various backgrounds and ages.
- Find Autonomy and Independence - Home nursing gives nurses a chance to be more innovative than any other setting.
- Create a Flexible, Customized Career – opportunity to choose your schedule and a career path of growth.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.