General Procurement & Admin Executive
- 22nd Floor, Wisma MCA, 163 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We are Malayan Flour Mills Berhad, an established billions ringgit public listed food manufacturing company. We aspire to be a leading food manufacturing enterprise in the region and have also diversified its business from flour milling to the sale of raw materials and integrated poultry business. Its integrated poultry business includes the breeding and sale of day-old chicks, broiler and breeder farming, processing and sale of poultry products and feeds milling. With over 50 years of experience and workforce in Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia, as part of our expansion plans, we are seeking the right talents to be part of our winning team.
Join us today! https://www.mfm.com.my/careers/
- Responsible for non-commodity purchases, general procurement, and manage inventory of supplies and materials to make purchases when needed.
- Suggest for cost effective plans, compare prices, negotiate and maintain professional relationships with suppliers while continually scouting for additional vendors.
- Responsible for processing end-to end purchasing from preparation of price evaluation, raise purchasing orders, follow up with delivery timeline, address supply, quality, service, and invoicing issues with vendors.
- Provide periodic reporting to the management on purchasing, controls, and processes accordingly.
- Manage and assess vendors and suppliers’ performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best prices, ensure all the criteria’s are met according to the company’s requirements and expectation.
- Monitor company purchases, deliveries, and budget to determine quality of goods to meet performance demands.
- Actively support the centralization of procurement activities to ensure all purchases are purchased via a centralized location for efficiency.
- Responsible for general administration services which includes handling of office access card, petrol card, staff parking access card, Touch N Go card, company phone calls and fleet maintenance records.
- Work closely with various stakeholders in planning of packaging material such as polypropylene bag, etc.
- Monitor and analyse the packaging material’s market trends and factors affecting the prices movement for strategic purchasing decision making.
- Process indent shipping documents, delivery and clearance of custom at the port to ensure the timely arrival of goods at the plant/ farms.
- Compile required documents for machinery for the application of tax exemption.
- Liaise with government departments, local & overseas suppliers, forwarders, our plant/farm personnel, lab staff, etc. for clearance of machinery/spare parts.
- Prepare and analyse periodic reports and recommend for next course of action.
- To perform any other task and assignments as directed by the Management from time to time.
- Candidates must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing/ Business Studies/ Administration/ Management/ and or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in general procurement & administration or relevant
- Candidate with good communication, negotiation and planning skills
- Candidate with good stakeholder management, resources and meticulous