Assistant Manager, Production (Rendering)
- KAMPUNG ACHEH INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, Sitiawan, Perak, Malaysia
We are Malayan Flour Mills Berhad, an established billions ringgit public listed food manufacturing company. We aspire to be a leading food manufacturing enterprise in the region and have also diversified its business from flour milling to the sale of raw materials and integrated poultry business. Its integrated poultry business includes the breeding and sale of day-old chicks, broiler and breeder farming, processing and sale of poultry products and feeds milling. With over 50 years of experience and workforce of over 2600 in Malaysia and Vietnam, as part of our expansion plans we are seeking the right talents to be part of our winning team.
- Rendering plant
- Plan, coordinate and organize required resources to meet planned production schedules.
- Manage all customer orders and provide good quality offal meal, feather meal, blood meal, chicken oil and packaging inventories correctly that meets the specifications of the customers.
- Manage the ordering and transportation planning to ensure timeliness of delivery to all customers by working closely with DPDC and DSM.
- Provide weekly updates which include quality results, production weight and plant breakdown to Plant Manager.
- Ensure all staff comply with all health, safety, environmental policies and procedures, and usage of personal protective equipment (PPE) to prevent the unforeseen accident.
- Improve workforce utilisation to ensure the efficiency of the operation.
- Ensure all preventive and autonomous maintenance is carried out on a timely manner at the rendering plant.
- Work closely with relevant parties on providing quality raw material to rendering for feed processing.
- Ensure scheduled audit and timely spot check on compliance of raw material handling required are carried out. Issue corrective action report (CAR) when necessary.
- Engage and to obtain feedback from the equipment supplier on the plant process stability and any related issue.
- Study and lead for all process-related projects, modifications and process improvement
- Accountable for project cost and manage CAPEX to maximize cost-efficiency.
- Oversee building mechanical services installation, test and commissioning with project consultants and equipment suppliers for the new rendering plant.
- Manage elements of project delivery such as budgeting, cost control, completion schedule and quality of works, reviewing progress, reporting any anomalies and changes of scope to the Management.
- Responsible for the complete recording of information and documents related to the projects for ease of future retrieval.
- Work with all relevant stakeholders to successfully develop project scopes and objectives to ensure technical feasibility.
- Engage the equipment supplier on the information required for the project from time to time.
- Talent Development
- Plan and conduct relevant training to upskill staff in an effective and appropriate manner.
- Provide mentoring and on-the-job training as required.
- Monitor that employees meet standards on newly trained skills.
- To perform any other task and assignments as directed by the Management from time to time.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate with Waste Water Treatment Plant or Steam Engineer will be added advantage.
- Possesses strong leadership and communication skills, pro-active, independent thinking and strong organizational and planning abilities, excellent analytical and problem-solving is essential
- Good management skill in developing strategic goals, KPI's and ability to systematically monitor the execution of each plan towards achieving the Company's mission and vision
MFM is honored to receive the following awards:
- HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2020 (Malaysia Edition)
- Human Resources Asia Recruitment Awards 2019, Best Onboarding Experience (Bronze)
- HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2019 (Malaysia Edition)
- HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2018 (Malaysia Edition)