Project Manager (Mechanical)
- 22nd Floor, Wisma MCA, 163 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We are Malayan Flour Mills Berhad, an established billions ringgit public listed food manufacturing company. We aspire to be a leading food manufacturing enterprise in the region and have also diversified its business from flour milling to the sale of raw materials and integrated poultry business. Its integrated poultry business includes the breeding and sale of day-old chicks, broiler and breeder farming, processing and sale of poultry products and feeds milling. With over 50 years of experience and workforce of over 2600 in Malaysia and Vietnam, as part of our expansion plans we are seeking the right talents to be part of our winning team.
- Review the design, specification and contract documents prepared by the consultant or relevant parties.
- Planning and value engineering. Manages one or more projects to ensure technical and/or business objectives are achieved.
- Oversee all the building mechanical services installation, test and commissioning during the construction stage.
- Responsible for contract administration for all mechanical works, both pre and post tender. Providing input in tender evaluation and negotiation strategy with contractor or suppliers.
- Delivers projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost, to agreed levels of quality, within the organization's governance and project management framework.
- Establish a collaborative relationship between design and production teams during project work.
- Work with cross-functional teams with members from multiple teams to success through exemplary project management techniques and leadership.
- Manage outside vendors to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Work with plant management to identify opportunities for process/equipment efficiency improvements and cost savings.
- Have an overview of general understanding of plant operations, production lines and equipment.
- Study all the utility requirement of the processing equipment (water, chill & hot water, steam, thermal oil, LNG, ventilation, cooling, power, oil CO2, Liquid Nitrogen etc.) and coordinate with consultant and Plant Personnel to ensure these requirements are provided in the design. Assist in providing equipment or plant operation information to the consultant in calculating demand load estimates of various utility services and working cross-functional on the sizing of major equipment.
- Assist plant personnel in coordinating with other parties in utility connections to various equipment during plant process equipment installation, testing and commissioning.
- Attend weekly site meeting with all relevant contractors and consultant, to monitor site record and progress report and address all issues if any.
- Managing elements of project delivery such as budgeting, cost control, completion schedule and quality of works, reviewing progress, reporting any anomalies and changes of scope to the Project Director.
- Responsible for the complete recording of information and documents related to the projects for ease of future retrieval.
- To perform any other task and assignments as directed by the Management from time to time.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant working experience in consulting and contracting environment
- Candidate with working experience in project management for processing plant will be added advantage.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Jalan Ampang and travelling to our project site located at Perak.
MFM is honored to receive the following awards:
- HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2020 (Malaysia Edition)
- Human Resources Asia Recruitment Awards 2019, Best Onboarding Experience (Bronze)
- HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2019 (Malaysia Edition)
- HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2018 (Malaysia Edition)