MDC Data Centers offers the ideal solution for networks seeking efficient and effective connectivity throughout Mexico. Our approach is based on centralizing the core points-of-presence for Mexican and North American networks in our neutral spaces located along the US border. This convergence of northbound and southbound networks creates a dense network ecosystem on the border, which is further strengthened by our unique International Fiber Crossings infrastructure and secure, neutral hosting environment for network connections. Together, these components form our Border Interconnection Platform™, which aims to facilitate connections that empower customers and communities by uniting networks, countries, and people.
With data centers in McAllen, Laredo, Eagle Pass, El Paso, Nogales, and San Diego, MDC Data Centers, serves the Mexican market allowing American and International carriers to connect to the largest concentration of Mexican carriers in carrier-neutral facilities.
Are you looking for an exciting career in telecom? ¡Join us!
MDC Data Centers is seeking a Telecommunications Engineer to spearhead projects and provide client support within our Data Centers. This role emphasizes delivering solutions encompassing network design, implementation, and consultation for integrated data and communication infrastructure.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a strong desire to stay at the cutting edge of emerging technologies. This attribute will be pivotal in enabling them to lead the way in surpassing customer expectations through inventive solutions. Additionally, they should demonstrate strategic thinking to contribute with insights to business problems and creativity to explore possibilities for addressing technical challenges.
Join us to promote connectivity!
What would you be doing?
- Provide network design, implementation, consulting and leadership for data and congregated communication infrastructure;
- Monitor data network infrastructure for proper functionality to accomplish seamless business operations while keeping in mind client satisfaction and regulatory compliance;
- Perform design integration for complex, cross-functional systems and lead technical design reviews of various infrastructure projects and function as a high-level technical resource;
- Gather, combine, and analyze business and technical requirements from critical components. Recommend appropriate technological designs and solutions that align with business requirements, as well as the company's technical strategy, at the most efficient and cost-effective solution;
- Lead and monitor the delivery of specialized networks along with the analysis of requirements, internal proposals, and tool selection with proper implementation per the stakeholders guidelines;
- Evaluate and implement designs for network architectures, oversee network traffic analysis, bandwidth and advise modification to the network configuration as per cost efficiency;
- Execute circuit turn-up testing and handoff to operations team for acceptance;
- Monitor risk management and schedule maintenance protocols efficiently.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, electronics, electrical mechanical engineering, telecommunications engineering, computer information Systems, computer science, or related field.
Technical skills and work experience
- Bilingual – English and Spanish required.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing
- 5 years of experience in position(s) with similar job duties
- Availability to travel once a month for approximately two days to various client site locations in the states of California, Arizona, Florida, Texas, and Mexico.
A Global Team
MDC was founded on the principle of bridging two countries together, so we get the idea of not just accepting the difference in people, but celebrating it and recognizing the value it brings to our customers and employees.
Our ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world - both in the marketplace and in the workplace - is critical to our success.