People Operations Assistant (HR Assistant)
MDC Data Centers offers the ideal solution for networks seeking efficient and effective connectivity throughout Mexico. Our approach is based on centralizing the core points-of-presence for Mexican and North American networks in our neutral spaces located along the US border. This convergence of northbound and southbound networks creates a dense network ecosystem on the border, which is further strengthened by our unique International Fiber Crossings infrastructure and secure, neutral hosting environment for network connections. Together, these components form our Border Interconnection Platform™, which aims to facilitate connections that empower customers and communities by uniting networks, countries, and people.
With data centers in McAllen, Laredo, Eagle Pass, El Paso, Nogales, and San Diego, MDC Data Centers, serves the Mexican market allowing American and International carriers to connect to the largest concentration of Mexican carriers in carrier-neutral facilities.
🌟 Join Our Dynamic Team as a People Operations Assistant! 🌟
Are you passionate about HR and providing exceptional support to employees? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a People Operations Assistant!
As a People Operations Assistant, you will play a vital role in maintaining high-quality HR service levels across various functions. You'll be responsible for ensuring accurate employee data entry, facilitating recruitment processes, organizing engaging events, and supporting the development of our talented workforce. Your contributions will directly impact our employees' experience and contribute to our company's success!
What would you be doing?
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date employee data ensures our HR systems are always reliable and efficient.
- Assist in the recruitment process, from posting job ads to scheduling interviews, and contribute to building our exceptional team.
- Coordinate the seamless onboarding of new employees, providing them with a warm welcome and setting them up for success.
- Support employee offboarding processes, ensuring a smooth transition and maintaining compliance.
- Be a trusted resource for employee inquiries, providing essential information about HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Collaborate in presenting and maintaining HR policies, ensuring legal compliance and a positive work environment.
- Assist in the preparation of HR reports and presentations to drive data-informed decision-making.
- Contribute to fostering a vibrant company culture by organizing engaging events and training sessions.
- Uphold the utmost confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive HR matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business management, or a related field (or equivalent experience), showcasing your dedication and knowledge in the field.
Technical skills and work experience:
- Prior administrative or HR support experience preferred, demonstrating your ability to excel in a similar role.
- Understanding HR practices and employment laws and regulations ensures compliance and fairness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, allowing you to articulate information effectively.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), empowering you to create impactful reports and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, fostering collaborative relationships and teamwork.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, effectively managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Organization: Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks, maintain records, and meet deadlines.
- Communication: You possess strong bilingual communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Tech-savvy: You efficiently use different systems and are keen to automate administrative and repetitive tasks to increase productivity.
- Initiative: Taking initiative and being proactive in identifying opportunities for process improvements and contributing to the overall success of the HR function.
- Customer Service Orientation: You demonstrate strong customer service orientation, ensuring employees and candidates feel supported and valued.
- Continuous Learning: You demonstrate a proactive attitude towards learning and staying updated on HR practices, policies, and employment laws
- Confidentiality: You demonstrate the ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and maintain high confidentiality.
A Global Team
MDC was founded on the principle of bridging two countries together, so we get the idea of not just accepting the difference in people, but celebrating it and recognizing the value it brings to our customers and employees.
Our ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world - both in the marketplace and in the workplace - is critical to our success.