Head of IT
MDC, formerly McAllen Data Center, helps carriers and enterprises interconnect with major Internet Service Providers on the US-Mexico border. The company is considered one of the fastest-growing data centers in South Texas, presenting a unique offer of reliable colocation services with a fiber optics infrastructure to foster connectivity across the border.
With data centers in McAllen, Laredo, El Paso, and Nogales; MDC, the former McAllen Data Center, serves the emerging Mexican market allowing American and International carriers to connect to the largest concentration of Mexican carriers in carrier-neutral facilities.
We are looking for a Head of IT to help us to manage our Informational Capital Portfolio to leverage our internal process related to Innovation, Customer, and Operations Management.
The Head of IT at MDC will work closely with Senior Management to understand the business needs and strategies to translate them into actionable items for the IT team. The mission of this professional is to generate technology infrastructure to automate repetitive tasks, generate systems that allow the analysis of information and exchange of knowledge, and develop applications that can transform the prevailing business model.
To be successful in this position, the professional needs to have a robust knowledge of networks, databases, servers, and computer systems. He or she should be highly analytical, possess organizational skills, and stand out in connecting with people to understand how technology and information can enhance their performance.
The ideal candidate for this position has worked implementing technological solutions as selecting ERP and CRM systems, optamizing connections between different applications, recommending software upgrades, and demonstrating customer services orientation to understand and support teams.
Do you feel excited about using your technical knowledge and social skills to promote innovation and continuous improvement? Joins us!
What would you be doing?
- Develops the Strategic Plan for information resources, linked to business planning to improve organization functions and provide competitive advantages
- Establishes transparent business processes and outcome metrics that enable departments to act more effectively manage performance and drive better and faster decisions
- Collaborates with leaders and staff to understand their information necessities
- Collaborates with leaders and staff to identify automatization opportunities
- Develops and implements organizational information technology plan to maximize the effectiveness of corporate technology resources and personnel
- Leads the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to develop enterprise architecture requirements
- Manages business process re-engineering projects for corporate operational management system integration to allow the connection of information from different systems
- Launches business process reengineering initiative and implementation of vertical ERP solution to improve operations, and customer service
- Automates manual, time-consuming internal business processes to drive gains in data tracking/accuracy, employee efficiency, and profitability
- Guides in developing and validating application architectures, information architecture, integration architecture Infrastructure architecture to develop risk management programs
- Assess network security risks and develop and maintain network security standards and procedures
- Process all budgetary requirements pertaining to information technology, including planning, tracking, change proposals, expenditure reporting, and projection analysis
- Maximizes efficiency and productivity by recommending procurement of new equipment and establishing an internal troubleshooting database
- Provides advice about centralized backup solutions
- Leverages existing infrastructure architectures to implement disaster recovery capability
- Researches cloud computing/data center trends to anticipate changes and contribute to product innovation
- Leads software development efforts to build productivity and process automation solutions with the development team to support business strategies
- Manages the processes and team that provides the entire in-office infrastructure, including deploying office workstations and in-office/off-site servers, maintaining security, and employee training
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the information technology department and assesses and anticipates technology projects, and recommends appropriate action and resources
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field.
- Project Management Certification is a plus
- Bilingual – English and Spanish required.
- Experience with managing clients and teams.
- 5 years of prior experience leading Information technology projects and teams
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry and network routes is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Leadership skills (Combines with a depth of intellect, diplomatic skills and an appreciation for human dynamics;)
- Project Management skills
- Ability to coordinate and drive projects to closure.
- Ability to engage people to deliver a project.
- Ability to think strategically
- Analytical Thinking: You quickly deconstruct information and processes into smaller parts to define milestones and delegate responsibilities.
- Planning and finance acumen: You demonstrate the ability to think in the short, medium, and long term to make projections to support the business's goals.
- Organization: You excel in time management to transit between different responsibilities. You also easily keep information organized to produce executive reports.
- Communication: You demonstrate the ability to communicate in English and Spanish and master active listening and diplomacy to understand stakeholders' views.
- Innovative thinking: You challenge the system and keen on innovation to increase productivity and deliver business results.
- Resilience: You continue performing effectively when faced with time pressures, adversity, disappointment, and welcome feedback.
- Teamwork: You demonstrate enthusiasm in helping coworkers and engaging with them to achieve goals.
- Flexibility: You demonstrate curiosity for multi-cultural, modify your approach as needed to promote collaboration, and quickly adapt to changes.
- Leadership: You identify the strengths in your team, help them develop their skills, and help people to build relationships. You also inspire people to keep growing together and foster collaboration.
A Global Team
MDC was founded on the principle of bridging two countries together, so we get the idea of not just accepting the difference in people, but celebrating it and recognizing the value it brings to our customers and employees.
Our ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world - both in the marketplace and in the workplace - is critical to our success.