Help Desk/Desktop Support Technician
- Louisville, KY, USA
MCPc is a global data protection company that improves the security and financial well-being of our clients.
We protect data, manage the complexity and sustainability of technology, empower employee performance, and ultimately reduce business risk.
Our Chain-of-Custody Security Solutions (SM) Platform provides holistic end-to-end lifecycle management to protect data on the most vulnerable cyber-attack surfaces – every smartphone, tablet, laptop, desktop, and IoT device our clients use to do business every day.
With headquarters in Cleveland, OH, MCPc has a global footprint to do business in 80 countries. 2020 will see new operations opening in Mississauga, Canada, just southwest of Toronto, and in Tilburg, Netherlands to service Europe. We serve our clients through five integrated business units: Secure Technology Logistics, Managed Security Solutions, Secure Technology Asset Disposition, IT Asset Management, and IT Talent Solutions.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are focused on recruiting, training, and retaining top talent at every level in our organization.
Help Desk/Desktop Support Technicians will receive escalated PC and peripheral support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) within the Helpdesk environment in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. This position is about 85% help desk and 15% desk-side support so phone experience in a Help Desk environment is a must.
Ideal candidates will have Certifications in CompTIA A+, MCP, and/or Network +, preferred; with an Associate or Bachelor degree in the field of computer technology and/or 2-4 years equivalent work experience as a technician.
All levels will be expected to have:
- Attention to detail
- AD, MS Office 2010 and up, Windows 7 and Win 10, and IE experience
- Phone Support experience
- Professional demeanor
- Strong ability to identify and manage issues
- Ability to follow strict protocols while maintaining an empathetic approach in assisting the end user.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Must have good soft skills.
- Must be reliable at documenting desk side call resolution, in detail.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written form.
Physical Requirements (Describe the position in terms of amount of time standing, sitting, and walking around, lifting and bending, which duties require the most effort and what business tools are utilized regularly):
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work requires ability to interact with end user via phone and to respond to end users in person
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Must be able to stoop and bend under desk
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.