Onsite Help Desk Technician
- Avon, OH 44011, USA
MCPc is an industry leading managed endpoint computing, technology logistics, asset management, and sustainability organization that provides a proven, powerful end-to-end lifecycle management protocol. These capabilities provide clients expedited digital transformation, better management of the complexity and cost of technology, achievement of sustainability targets, and empower employee performance.
With headquarters in Cleveland, OH we’ve meticulously built a global network of partners that provide our services nationally and internationally in over 80 countries.
- SkyPark is our Secure Technology Logistics Center
- Link59 is our Security Operations Center (SOC) in Midtown
- STAD is our Secure Technology Asset Disposition facility in Old Brooklyn
- Additional sales, configuration, and asset disposition operations located in Grand Rapids, MI, and Erie, PA
MCPc and our associates are dedicated to the communities in which we serve and actively participate on numerous nonprofit boards and tirelessly donate our time to many charitable organizations.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, focused on recruiting and retaining top talent at every level. We employ premier associates in the industry who deliver value and support to our growing client base. We believe in training and career development for all associates. As you may imagine, as a trusted global data protection and endpoint solutions company, we hold ourselves to the highest level of security. As such, all new employees must undergo our standard background check and drug screen test for pre-employment purposes.
- Receive escalated PC and peripheral support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment
- Installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance
- Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) within the Helpdesk environment in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required
- 85% helpdesk and 15% desk-side support
This is a Level II technical support position providing advanced PC support. Ideal candidates will have Certifications in CompTia A+, MCP, and/or Network +, preferred; with an Associate or Bachelor degree in the field of computer technology and/or 2-4 years equivalent work experience as a technician.
All levels will be expected to have:
- A+ is required for this role
- Attention to detail
- AD,Office 2010, Windows 7-10, and IE experience
- Phone Support experience
- Professional demeanor
- Strong ability to identify and manage issues
- Ability to follow strict protocols while maintaining an empathetic approach in assisting the end user.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Must have good soft skills.
- Must be reliable at documenting desk side call resolution, in detail.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written form.
Physical Requirements (Describe the position in terms of amount of time standing, sitting, and walking around, lifting and bending, which duties require the most effort and what business tools are utilized regularly):
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work requires ability to interact with end user via phone and to respond to end users at their worksite.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Must be able to stoop and bend under desk
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.