Software Setup Technician
- Erie, PA, USA
MCPc is an industry leading managed endpoint computing, technology logistics, asset management, and sustainability organization that provides a proven, powerful end-to-end lifecycle management protocol. These capabilities provide clients expedited digital transformation, better management of the complexity and cost of technology, achievement of sustainability targets, and empower employee performance.
With headquarters in Cleveland, OH we’ve meticulously built a global network of partners that provide our services nationally and internationally in over 80 countries.
- SkyPark is our Secure Technology Logistics Center
- Link59 is our Security Operations Center (SOC) in Midtown
- STAD is our Secure Technology Asset Disposition facility in Old Brooklyn
- Additional sales, configuration, and asset disposition operations located in Grand Rapids, MI, and Erie, PA
MCPc and our associates are dedicated to the communities in which we serve and actively participate on numerous nonprofit boards and tirelessly donate our time to many charitable organizations.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, focused on recruiting and retaining top talent at every level. We employ premier associates in the industry who deliver value and support to our growing client base. We believe in training and career development for all associates. As you may imagine, as a trusted global data protection and endpoint solutions company, we hold ourselves to the highest level of security. As such, all new employees must undergo our standard background check and drug screen test for pre-employment purposes.
- Simulator Set up
- Review/understand weekly simulator test schedule
- Set up simulators for validation/regression test
- This includes:
- Hardware configuration
- Loading software and configuring the simulator
- Simulator model clean up and launch
- Loading/Configuring Air Brakes and 3rd party devices as required
- Perform a check out test to ensure set up is correct
- Front line Troubleshooting
- Provide “first response” troubleshooting when users encounter issues
- Escalate issues to sim team management as required
- Identifying and segregating defective hardware
- Maintain configuration control over simulators and other assets (i.e. Air Brakes)
- Develop instructions on special/unique set ups
- Develop troubleshooting guides to enable users to resolve problems on their own
- The sim lab is open 24X7. The primary hours of this position are 8 AM to 5 PM, but it may be necessary at times to support evenings and weekends. These situations will be planned ahead of time as much as possible.
- The technician engineer shall be available by phone and remote access for after hours support as required.
- Electrical technical skills/understanding
- Ability to read/understand schematics
- Off hours availability to support critical tasks
Required Skills and Certifications
- BS or Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering
- Electrical troubleshooting skills
- Basic circuit design/ability to read schematics
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Customer service/support experience
Desired Skills and Certifications
- Linux/UNIX shell programming
- System Integration
- Experience in test environment
- Experience in manufacturing test
- Hands on experience with wiring harnessing and soldering
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.