- Country Club Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
Gabriel Ride Control is a part of the MAT Holdings family of companies. Established in 1906, Gabriel North America designs, manufactures and distributes suspension products for the automotive aftermarket and other specialty vehicles. The company is the current market leader in suspension systems products. Gabriel NA currently employs 1,295 salaried and hourly employees at several locations in the US and Mexico. The company has two manufacturing facilities; one domestic US and one in Mexico.
The Buyer is the second working level of the Procurement team. The Buyer develops and leads supply chain initiatives and activities for direct materials according to an established sourcing strategy or need by identifying potential new suppliers, facilitating RFQs, negotiating cost savings, managing resourcing activities (including part validation via the PPAP process), and maintaining supplier relationships.
This position is responsible for all tactical and some strategic aspects of supply chain procurement including material cost reductions, supplier pricing negotiations, implementing purchasing strategies, quality and delivery improvements, VA/VE, project management and supply base reduction.
- Develop, motivate, plan and incorporate cost saving programs, by establishing mutual confidence with potential and current suppliers and plant representatives.
- Monitor suppliers’ price, quality, delivery, and service performance; take corrective action when required.
- Develop and maintain alternative production suppliers in the event that existing suppliers cannot meet delivery requirements.
- Analyze and negotiate price change requests for assigned parts.
- Accumulate, prepare, and present necessary reports concerning cost trends and price changes.
- Maintain and update all purchase orders, price change notices, order history, quote information, and correspondence, for all assigned production parts.
- Maintain all applicable records, documents, SharePoint, databases etc. to ensure an organized and properly documented process.
- Maintain supplier database to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Conduct necessary visits to plants and suppliers.
- Initiate value chain improvements.
- Strong initiative to manage supply disruptions and supplier time sensitive issues.
- Numerical reasoning: effectively dealing with numbers and the ability to read, use and prepare spreadsheets.
- Problem solving and analysis: careful and systematic evaluation of information, possible alternatives and consequences.
- Negotiation tactics: identifying the needs and motives of both parties involved and working toward mutually beneficial agreements.
- Presentation skills: the ability to communicate to an audience in a formal setting.
- Strong commitment to providing world-class customer service: anticipating customer needs and designing, promoting or supporting the delivery of products and services that exceed their expectations.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment: take initiative, work independently of day-to-day supervision, and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
· Makes sound decisions in a timely and confident manner.
- Knowledge of all common MS-office applications. Advanced EXCEL skills required; SAP knowledge preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain or Engineering preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in commodity or production purchasing, preferably within the automotive industry, multiple commodities of steel, stampings, turnings, Sintered metal, tubing, etc.
- Strong automotive and/or Tier 1 business acumen and understanding including knowledge of APQP/PPAP
- Bi-lingual (Spanish or Mandarin preferred but not required); English proficiency is required
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.