Warehouse Supervisor 2nd Shift
- 10137 Horton Rd, Charlotte, NC 28278, USA
Founded in 1984, MAT Holdings, Inc. is a privately held $1.9 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide in the automotive, fencing, hardware, and power equipment sectors. Headquartered in Long Grove, Illinois we have over 40 factories on three continents, including 2.1 million square feet of U.S. distribution and manufacturing space. We provide our customers with a full range of services including U.S. and overseas engineering, quality assurance, logistic and distribution support, strategic warehousing, bi-lingual sourcing, product development, and marketing. MAT is a family of companies and products providing employment opportunities with more than 14,000 employees in 12 countries.
2nd Shift: 3:30p-12:00a Monday-Friday (Some Saturdays during peak season)
Acts as shift supervisor and coordinates activities of workers engaged for outbound shipping of product, including verifying and keeping records on outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment and managing product storage within the facility.
- Assist Manager in planning, prioritizing, and communicating shift directives to ensure efficiency, accuracy and quality are met for all outbound related activities
- Supervise the day to day activities while holding a team of associates accountable to standards of safety, quality, and productivity
- Keep safe and clean work environment. Achieve and maintain compliance with all company and federally mandated regulations regarding Safety, OSHA, HazMat and DOT
- Ensure that all shift personnel receive proper training, skill development, and assessment per company guidelines
- Recommend and implement improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of employees for increased shift contribution
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates
- Oversees outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in trucks and lays out position of shipment
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping platform to storage and work areas
- Issues written and oral instructions
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates
- Adjusts errors and complaints
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1 – 3 years previous warehouse supervisory experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.