Maintenance Technician $20-$26/hr
- 17010 S Main St, Gardena, CA 90248, USA
Founded in 1984, MAT Holdings, Inc. is a privately held $1.9 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide in the automotive, fencing, hardware, and power equipment sectors. Headquartered in Long Grove, Illinois we have over 40 factories on three continents, including 2.1 million square feet of U.S. distribution and manufacturing space. We provide our customers with a full range of services including U.S. and overseas engineering, quality assurance, logistic and distribution support, strategic warehousing, bi-lingual sourcing, product development, and marketing. MAT is a family of companies and products providing employment opportunities with more than 14,000 employees in 12 countries.
Responsible to maintain all equipment and servicing on equipment. Document and record periodic inspections of equipment and file in appropriate location.
- Performs machine repairs
- Responsible for preventative maintenance on all facility-related equipment and systems.
- Required to perform minor electrical repairs and installations.
- Installs new equipment
- Uses hand and power air tools to maintain and repair equipment and the facility
- Schedule routine servicing. Maintain daily checks on equipment.
- May do minor carpentry work, painting, or plumbing repairs.
- Responsible for some grounds-keeping duties such as lawn care, snow shoveling, etc.
- Document findings/results of equipment checks. File all appropriate documentation in proper location
- Preforms other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of occupational standards, safety, and hazardous precautions associated with various trades and construction areas
- Ability to estimate materials necessary to complete assignments, plan and lay out projects, prioritize work, ensure compliance with codes and standards, and oversee assignments through project completion
- Proficient knowledge of basic arithmetic, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, interest, decimals and percentages
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, especially the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Must be a self-starter and able to accomplish expected tasks under minimal supervision
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalency preferred
- 3-5 years maintenance experience highly desired
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.