- 39300 Country Club Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
Established in 1984 as Midwest Air Technologies, Inc. (MAT Holdings, Inc.) is a $1.9 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide. The company’s core businesses include the production, sales and service of products in the fencing and hardware, automotive and power equipment sectors. MAT is a family of companies and products offering countless opportunities enabled by our global presence in 12 countries and 14,000 employees.
Head of Procurement manages all aspects of the Procurement and Sourcing function including vendor selection and qualification, material cost management, and new product program rollouts. This position must work collaboratively with executives and business owners to maintain alignment with strategic goals and business requirements. This position also manages and coordinates the activities of all personnel engaged in procurement and sourcing functions, and is required to work cross-functionally with Program Management and Engineering as well as Materials, Logistics and other Supply Chain functions. Includes direct and indirect spend.
- Lead global sourcing/procurement activities for both raw materials/components for our Mexico manufacturing operations, and purchased finished goods for our DC operations in both US and Mexico.
- Drive material cost savings initiatives through supplier re-negotiation and new supplier development in line with Annual Operating Plan (budget).
- Develop category sourcing and risk management strategies. Responsible to development, implementation and on-going management of strategic plans to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of the procurement organization. Mitigate impact of trade legislation (e.g. tariffs, USMCA, etc.)
- Improve and refine existing processes and develop new departmental processes as required (e.g. Sourcing board, supplier performance score card).
- Manage the Company’s Supplier terms and conditions, continued development, improvement and implementation with the supply base. Implement and lead supplier qualification processes to vet suppliers prior to awarding contracts and periodically during contracts to validate that they are maintaining high quality standards.
- Measure and track value added by Procurement within each spend category and define budgetary impact. Measure and report on Procurement’s progress against goals. Publish metrics which measure Procurement effectiveness (delivering value) and efficiency (reducing bureaucracy).
- Conduct contract negotiations with vendors, and direct the strategic activities of buyers. Manage supplier contract/lease review, supplier, freight, building lease, etc.
- Provide clear communication to team members on strategy, position, and related activities and issues.
- Manage and mentor a team of procurement professionals to plan, execute and deliver procurement services which are aligned to the goals of the Company and business stakeholders. Identify and address training needs and organizational development.
- Work as a team side by side with our Demand Planning/Materials Planning team to build supplier policies and terms that enable excess inventory protection and overall favorable conditions connected to our business needs.
- Work as a team side by side with our Program Management and Product Engineering teams in developing new components with our suppliers as needed.
- Facilitate the development of relationships with existing and potential suppliers; develop partnerships with key suppliers.
- Delivers on commitments, strong follow-up skills and shows consistency between words and actions.
- Committed to continuous process improvement and possess a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Willingness to dig deep and get involved in detailed procurement work. This is a working manager role with hands-on participation required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present data in an organized manner.
- Proven ability to negotiate, making sound decisions in a timely and confident manner.
- Highly organized, results driven and an ability to work in a fast paced environment. Demonstrated flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Willing to travel up to 30 - 50%.
- Bachelors degree
- 5-7 years’ experience in Supply Chain; 3-5 years’ management experience
- Must have SAP experience
- Must have experience in procurement, offshore sourcing, contract negotiations, contractual terms and conditions, material cost reductions programs, etc. commodities and supply base consistent with the automotive industry. Demonstrated annual purchasing achievements.
- Experience in steel, aluminum, sintered metal, stamped, machined, die cast and rubber to metal component segments.
- Able to manage multiple projects/initiatives through the Procurement department simultaneously; Organize prolific requests from other departments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.