Warehouse Customer Service
- 10137 Horton Rd, Charlotte, NC 28278, USA
Founded in 1984, MAT Holdings, Inc. is a privately held $1.9 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide in the automotive, fencing, hardware, and power equipment sectors. Headquartered in Long Grove, Illinois we have over 40 factories on three continents, including 2.1 million square feet of U.S. distribution and manufacturing space. We provide our customers with a full range of services including U.S. and overseas engineering, quality assurance, logistic and distribution support, strategic warehousing, bi-lingual sourcing, product development, and marketing. MAT is a family of companies and products providing employment opportunities with more than 14,000 employees in 12 countries.
This role will coordinate the inbound and outbound scheduling of freight into and out of the distribution center. This role is responsible for enabling an efficient day-to-day transportation operation by building and coordinating all weekly shipments, courier tracking, gathering information, absentee coverage and communication.
Pay Range: $16-$17/hour
3 Shifts available 1st shift 7:00am-3:30pm Monday- Friday / Mid 11am-7:30pm / 2nd shift 3:30pm-12:00am
- Develop strong carrier relationships
- Assign carriers to weekly shipments based on budget/rate lane parameters
- Route, schedule and prioritize weekly shipments based on carrier transit times and warehouse workload
- Track and trace shipments to ensure on-time deliveries
- Plan and schedule appointments for weekly MAT truck shipments (private fleet) based on budget parameters of cost utilization and driver hours
- Calls trucking companies (carriers) for pick-ups
- Run computer reports as directed by Manager
- Maintain record-keeping, filing systems and reference manuals
- Helps answer incoming phone calls
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience using Excel
- Administrative background
- Experience working in distribution center is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.