- 2007 Royal Ln, Dallas, TX 75229, USA
Founded in 1984, MAT Holdings, Inc. is a privately held $1.8 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide in the automotive, fencing, hardware, and power equipment sectors. Headquartered in Long Grove, Illinois we have over 40 factories on three continents, including 2.1 million square feet of U.S. distribution and manufacturing space. We provide our customers with a full range of services including U.S. and overseas engineering, quality assurance, logistic and distribution support, strategic warehousing, bi-lingual sourcing, product development, and marketing. MAT is a family of companies and products providing employment opportunities with more than 14,000 employees in 12 countries.
The purpose of this position is to plan and implement lean techniques to create optimized equipment and facility layouts. To generate warehouse process and product flow drawings as required ensuring maximum efficiency is met. Conduct root cause analysis to confirm problem resolutions on all manufacturing and distribution challenges.
- Lead the design, layout and implementation of distribution processes
- Spearhead analysis and needs assessments activities, strategic alignment and projects to meet business objectives, and deliver quantifiable results through process improvement initiatives
- Identify facility design improvements based on activity levels; assess storage capacity within facilities and identify/develop plans to better utilize the space
- Develop and communicate a methodology to drive standardization of continuous improvement process throughout the sites by focusing on the needs of the customer
- Empower employees and optimize existing activities based on standards and best practices from Six Sigma, LEAN, etc.
- Study and analyze current processes, determine their effectiveness, and recommend strategies for improvement
- Conduct time study analysis to establish production standards for departments
- Provide implementation design and support, develop documentation
- Advocate for continuous improvement by promoting a strong teamwork atmosphere and a community of process improvement practice
- Provide supply chain/materials control/inventory project management
- Train and mentor new management personnel in support of start-up operations
- Develop time estimates for process documentation, conversion of existing
- Assist in the justification of capex requirements in sites by validating potential savings and or benefits of proposed improvemnets
- Additional responsibilities assigned as necessary
- Problem solving and analyses, careful and systematic evaluation of information, possible alternatives and consequences.
- Presentation skills, the ability to communicate to an audience in a formal setting.
- Strong commitment to providing world-class customer service, anticipating customer needs and designing, promoting or supporting the delivery of products and services that exceed their expectations.
- Thinks conceptually and intuitively, linking problems and symptoms to identify underlying issues and root causes.
- Makes sound decisions in a timely and confident manner.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to take initiative, to work independently of day-to-day supervision, and to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
- Experience of warehousing environment leading continuous improvement efforts and lean methods and tools
- Knowledge of industrial engineering concepts such as work cell layout and material flow analysis a plus
- Proven ability to carry out design calculations.
- Strong project and program management preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to travel 50%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.