- 6700 Wildlife Way, Long Grove, IL 60047, USA
Established in 1984 as Midwest Air Technologies, Inc. (MAT Holdings, Inc.) is a $1.8 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide. The company’s core businesses include the production, sales and service of products in the fencing and hardware, automotive and power equipment sectors. MAT is a family of companies and products offering countless opportunities enabled by our global presence in 12 countries and 14,000 employees.
The Assistant Controller will report directly to the Corporate Controller and will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Controller and executing requests of executive management. They will assist the Corporate Controller in the production of the consolidated financial reports, budget and forecasting, and internal controls. This is a highly visible role with international exposure in a growing profitable company.
- Assist Corporate Controller with key projects, support initiatives and requests by executive management.
- Assists in the consolidation of forecasts, operating and strategic plans.
- Develops and maintains global accounting policies and works with foreign affiliates to ensure compliance.
- Perform financial analyst duties including analyzing and evaluating data needed in planning, budgeting and cost control
- Assist in the development of standard costs and analysis of variances
- Prepare specialized reports as needed by corporate management
- Up to 10% travel is expected.
- Possess excellent computer skills with emphasis in Excel.
- Analytical, self-motivated, able to work alone or within a team in a fast pace environment.
- Requires ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- B.S. Accounting
- CPA or MBA required
- 5+ years of increasingly responsible accounting experience
- Public Accounting experience and/or Manufacturing experience desired
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- SAP experience and/or Systems implementation experience a plus
DISCLAIMER: The lists under Essential Functions and Additional Responsibilities are not exhaustive, but are merely the most accurate lists for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change. This position description in no way states or implies that the responsibilities and tasks are the only responsibilities and tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. S/he will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by his/her supervisor/manager. Requirements stated are minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the duties and responsibilities of this position successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. Employment decisions, including promotions, transfers and others, are based on meeting all requirements and on organizational needs, the employee’s being in good standing (including lack of disciplinary actions), meeting all applicable performance standards and other non-discriminatory criteria. The methods of fulfilling requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. WE MAINTAIN AN “AT WILL” EMPLOYMENT.