Sr. Human Resources Generalist
- 39300 Country Club Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
Established in 1984 as Midwest Air Technologies, Inc. (MAT Holdings, Inc.) is a $1.8 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide. The company’s core businesses include the production, sales and service of products in the fencing and hardware, automotive and power equipment sectors. MAT is a family of companies and products offering countless opportunities enabled by our global presence in 12 countries and 18,000 employees.
This Human Resources position assists the HR and Operations teams in administering policies, programs and practices. This position provides a wide variety of services and support for the organization, which includes recruiting, employee records, health and safety, employee relations and employee communications.
- Conducts recruitment activities, including providing assistance to managers to identify recruitment needs, source candidates and determine final selection
- Maintains employment records confidentially, timely and accurately to include new hire paperwork, benefit records, and change notices.
- Updates the HRIS (ADP) for HR, Benefits and Payroll processing and compiles reports from database as needed
- Conducts new hire orientation, annual benefit enrollment and other training sessions as needed
- Coordinates employee relations issues to affect prompt and appropriate resolution
- Maintains weekly, monthly and annual metrics
- Assists with writing communications ensuring thorough familiarity and that they are interpreted fairly and applied consistently
- Assists with workers compensation claims management by staying in contact with claims handlers, employees and site management
- Ensures all work accidents are investigated, post injury process is followed and OSHA reporting maintained
- Devises programs for operational improvement (i.e., recognition, morale, safety)
- Acts as the health and safety coordinator for the office
- Conducts exit interviews and paperwork is completed for departing employees
- Assists with the facilitation of the annual performance management process
- Occasional travel and support to the 2nd site in Toledo, OH, as needed
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be a team-oriented professional who can handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability handle shifting deadlines and priorities.
- High level of commitment, sound judgment, great follow-through, and initiative
- Uphold all company policies required to provide top quality service to external customers
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to be proactive, to work independently of day-to-day supervision
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of human resources experience
- Solid understanding of labor laws and regulations
- Experience working with highly confidential information while maintain discretion
- Strong commitment to providing world-class customer service
- Profient in processing, reporting and inputing information into HRIS; Ideally ADP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Ability/Willingness to travel to seperate site in Toledo, OH, as needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.