Sr. Demand Planner
- 39300 Country Club Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
Established in 1907, Gabriel North America designs, manufactures and distributes suspension products for the automotive aftermarket and other specialty vehicles. The company is the current market leader in suspension systems products. Gabriel NA currently employs more than 1,300 salaried and hourly employees at several locations in the US and Mexico. The company has two manufacturing facilities; one domestic US and one in Mexico. Revenues for the company are approximately $200MM. Gabriel is owned by MAT Holdings.
This position is responsible for leading the monthly demand planning process (including both statistical and consensus / collaborative forecasting approaches). This individual will lead the development and recurring updates of a "finished goods" forecast. This person is responsible for leading the interaction and alignment on the cross-functional S&OP team that includes sales, marketing, supply chain planning, customer service, distribution, and manufacturing.
Key participant in monthly collaborative demand review as part of S&OP process.
Develop and maintain a monthly demand forecast for all finished goods parts using order and shipment history, customer point of sale data, market intelligence, and industry trends to inform the projected demand.
Influence and collaborate with key partners in sales, supply planning, marketing and finance to understand and interpret the potential impact demand drivers can have on demand, and adjust the statistical forecast to reflect those impacts.
Prepares clear, concise, and well-organized written documents and oral presentations. Facilitates open communication. Uses discretion and demonstrates sensitivity to confidential matters.
Analyze and develop insights on data from customer point of sales data systems as well as internal order management systems.
Lead continuous improvement efforts to advance the demand planning and forecasting process capabilities.
Maintain forecast vs. actual history data by customer, product family, channel, geography, and SKU.
Develop and maintain monthly forecast accuracy and forecast bias metrics.
Provides input to strategic decisions that affect functional area of responsibility. May provide input into developing the annual sales forecast.
Mentor and train junior members of the Demand Planning team, as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, including delivering presentations to Executive Level Team
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise planning software (i.e. APO, IBP).
- Experience using and interacting with MRP systems, preferably SAP.
- Detail oriented and ability to organize work activities in highly ambiguous situations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into high-level analysis and demand planning.
- Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Ability to work within high performing teams and be highly collaborative
- Must be well organized, self-motivated, focused on meeting deadlines and able to multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Undergraduate degree in business, supply chain, or engineering required.
- 3-5 years of supply chain planning experience in the areas of S&OP, demand planning, and/or supply planning.
- Knowledge of forecasting processes in sales, marketing, finance and manufacturing and understanding of basic statistical modeling methods and strategies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.