Product Engineer - Aftermarket Automotive Brake Products
- 6700 Wildlife Way, Long Grove, IL 60047, USA
MAT Holdings, Inc. is a diversified $1.8 billion global manufacturing, marketing and distribution company that provides quality products and trusted brands to the hardware and fencing, automotive, and power equipment industries. For over 25 years, our multi-faceted global manufacturing and distribution facilities have enabled us to provide our customers' with products, services and logistical solutions tailored to their market needs. MAT is a family of companies and products offering countless opportunities enabled by our global presence.
MAT Holdings is a diversified, privately-held family company with a portfolio of companies that manufacture, market, and distribute quality products and trusted brands to the hardware and fencing, automotive, and power equipment industries. MAT Holdings Inc. was formed in 1984 as Midwest Air Technologies Inc. with its current headquarters located in Long Grove, IL. Today, the company has grown to include six subsidiary companies within the U.S. and twelve worldwide and employs roughly 13,000 people.
The purpose of this position is to design and release of aftermarket automotive products. The engineer will be responsible for all tactical aspects of design and engineering of the product, including technical specifications, design standards and product testing. In addition, providing engineering and technical support to customers and internal departments, application engineering activities and documentation to support all activities.
- Design and create 3D models and engineering drawings of Auto brake products.
- Update and revise existing drawings per new specification or customer requirements.
- Measure product samples in CMM and other measuring instruments.
- Receive and handle new samples from Dealers or suppliers.
- Ship new samples to over-sea facilities as needed.
- Collect product information and pictures from samples and establish proper data files.
- Review and finalize product drawings created by factory team.
- Enter product information into database and relative data files.
- Maintain all control drawings and versions, as well as hardcopies in accordance with updates.
- Maintain and archive support documents.
- Coordinate and monitor progress of reverse engineering of samples to enhance NTR implementation.
- Communicate with customers or vendors for product design issues if needed.
- Participate in identifying product cross references.
- Support both externally to customers and internally to working team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Problem solving and analyses, careful and systematic evaluation of information, possible alternatives and consequences
- Presentation skills, the ability to communicate to an audience in a formal setting
- Strong commitment to providing world-class customer service, anticipating customer needs and designing, promoting or supporting the delivery of products and services that exceed their expectations
- Thinks conceptually and intuitively, linking problems and symptoms to identify underlying issues and root causes
- Makes sound decisions in a timely and confident manner
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to take initiative, to work independently of day-to-day supervision, and to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields, or design certificate at least.
- 1-3 year working experience in mechanical engineering, or manufacturing etc.
- Self-motivated sense of urgency and priority, ability to work on multi-tasks, well organized.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.