SAP FI/CO Business Analyst II -
- 6700 Wildlife Way, Long Grove, IL 60047, USA
Established in 1984 as Midwest Air Technologies, Inc. (MAT Holdings, Inc.) is a $1.8 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide. The company’s core businesses include the production, sales and service of products in the fencing and hardware, automotive and power equipment sectors. MAT is a family of companies and products offering countless opportunities enabled by our global presence in 14 countries and 18,000 employees.
Based on a thorough understanding of the business objectives, the SAP Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for driving improvement in MAT’s Finance and Controlling Process. The Business Analyst will use analytical tools, knowledge of best practices and a continuing study of new technologies and processes to design systems and processes that improve productivity, streamline business functions and solve problems identified by the business.
- Analyze business processes and identify relevant systems based solutions alternatives and discuss these with business users. Work directly with users and management to build consensus on a solution and coordinate implementation activities. (Break/Fix)
- Collaborate with business leaders and key users to continuously improve business practices (New Processes)
- Prepare and execute test scripts for business process changes and upgrades
- Develop and maintain Design Documents, Training Documents, Business Process Documents, Flowcharts, and Strategic Decision Documents
- Develop technical specifications for system enhancements and do the subsequent SAP system configuration, testing and documentation
- Seek out opportunities for business process improvement with a focus on improved use of system to improve bottom line results
- Regular interaction with users to ensure they understand and are making full use of the system capabilities
- Assist in the technical preparation of Business Process Procedures, Test Scenarios, End-user documentation, and User manuals
- Troubleshoot user problems and implement solutions.
- Acquire new systems knowledge through research, reading and formal training.
- Knowledge of configuration in SAP, including ability to configure a new company or process from scratch as well as investigate/troubleshoot existing configuration.
- Analyze OSS Notes and determine applicability.
- Knowledge of SAP localization and processes to support local requirements
- Knowledge and experience in the use of ECATT, LSMW, Winshuttle or other data load process
- Knowledge and experience in the use of user exits and enhancements available in SAP to support unique business requirements.
- Limited debugging of the system, ability to analyze ABAP short dumps and resolve underlying causes. Knowledge of programming languages in general is a positive.
- Assist BI Analyst with Functional reporting requirements including writing of specifications, testing and end user training.
- Use of OSS and SDN to research/resolve problems and/or find new ways of using the systems
- Continually review new performance improvement documentation released by SAP and determines suitable ones for implementation.
- Transport management in R/3 landscape and assist with R/3 security & authorization implementation.
- Strong background with the Fixed Assets module.
- Minimum of 5 years SAP configuration and implementation experience
- Multiple full life cycle SAP R/3 implementations
- Must have functional experience in Finance and Controlling.
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Strong business acumen, preferably in accounting and finance areas.
- Must have good analytical, statistical and problem solving skills. Ability to write routine reports & correspondence.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills. Strong work ethic.
- Experience in MS Office, including Excel and Outlook
- Good interpersonal/customer relation skills; good verbal and written communications; ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Ability to direct and recommend cost-effective creative solutions.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and quality.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including evenings and weekends; ability to travel overseas to our other locations for implementations.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Education - Bachelor’s degree.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.