Accounts Receivable Associate
- 6700 Wildlife Way, Long Grove, IL 60047, USA
Established in 1984 as Midwest Air Technologies, Inc. (MAT Holdings, Inc.) is a $1.8 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide. The company’s core businesses include the production, sales and service of products in the fencing and hardware, automotive and power equipment sectors. MAT is a family of companies and products offering countless opportunities enabled by our global presence in 12 countries and 18,000 employees.
We are looking for an extremely reliable Accounts Receivable professional with strong communication, math aptitude, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Make business to business collection calls daily on past due invoices and follow up as required
- Apply cash receipts in SAP
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Verify and prepare documents for direct import shipments prior to invoicing
- Request credit references and resale exemption certificates from new or existing customers, including updating and maintaining files
- Prepare various daily, monthly and quarterly reports utilizing SAP and Excel
- Reception desk backup (approximately five hours per week)
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Collection or accounts receivable experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of accounting concepts
Comprehensive knowledge of Windows with a strong emphasis in Excel
Effective, professional, and clear communicator on the phone and via email/fax
Have the ability to perform quickly in a fast-paced and high volume work environment
Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, highly accurate and self-motivated
Committed to consistently work Full-Time Monday through Friday
Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently
Data entry with high level of accuracy and speed, especially 10 key (numeric keypad)
Willingness to learn
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.