IT Security Analyst
- 6700 Wildlife Way, Long Grove, IL 60047, USA
Welcome to the exciting world of MAT Holdings, Inc. We are an entrepreneurial manufacturer and distributor leveraging a vast network of global and domestic resources to deliver quality and value to our customers.
You will find our products in home improvement centers, big box retailers, hardware stores and automotive parts chains. They can also be found in the automobiles you drive, the trailers you pull and the heavy duty equipment that operates all around you
This position will oversee the operations of MAT Holding’s Information Security solutions. In addition, this position will evaluate and implement technical solutions that ensure the security of sensitive and proprietary information.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Contributes to the development and implementation of a strong Information Security practice at MAT
- Oversight of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories
- Day-to-day management of Information Security Operations.
- Manage Security Operations activities
- Oversees security monitoring practice and analysis of security alerts
- Supervise all investigations and provide on-going communication with stakeholders and senior management
- Lead and/or support the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Establishes Information Security processes
- Oversee the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within allocated budget
- Mentor and train team members to ensure that job requirements are being properly meet and completed on time.
- Contribute to the design and deployment of information security awareness training to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with MAT’s Information Security Program.
- Contributes to the establishment, documentation and enforcement of MAT’s Information Security Policy.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new vulnerabilities, attacks and threat vectors.
- Partner with IT leaders to instill Information Security industry best practices across IT including development, third-party software support, database administration, enterprise architecture, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Information Security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience in an IT Security Role.
- Other Required Qualifications
- Expert level knowledge in the principles of Network Technology.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems vulnerabilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite, networking equipment, and firewall/DMZ design and best practices
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection, Prevention, Environmental Security Solutions and host based solutions
- 5 years of experience in security concepts, response protocols and information management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven history of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Strong process documentation skills.
- Preferred Quailifacations:
- Recognized Technical certifications associated to Information Security
- An industry recognized certification such as CISSP, SANS/GIAC, Cisco CCCSP
- Project Management experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.