Customer Service Representative
- 6700 Wildlife Way, Long Grove, IL 60047, USA
Established in 1984 as Midwest Air Technologies, Inc. (MAT Holdings, Inc.) is a $1.8 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide. The company’s core businesses include the production, sales and service of products in the fencing and hardware, automotive and power equipment sectors. MAT is a family of companies and products offering countless opportunities enabled by our global presence in 12 countries and 14,000 employees.
Manages MAT inventory at the customer service level. Serves as a resource for other members of the Customer Service term by offering assistance with inventory tracking.
- Receives customer orders by FAX and EDI
- Maintains database records of customer profiles and prepares and maintains status reports
- Verifies and maintains customer information in SAP system
- Applies initiative and problem solving skills in addressing customer complaints concerning product quality, billing or service issues and referring these complaints to designated departments for investigation when appropriate.
- Develops a competent understanding of all products offered by MAT
- Interacts with inside and outside sales teams to apprise reps of any customer issues.
- Interacts with consumers to solve issues on air compressors, or in need of parts.
- Handles certain accounts that are direct shipments, interacting with the Merchandising dept.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent Computer skills-Experienced in Excel (Intermediate/ Advance level)
- Knowledge of SAP a plus but not required
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Detail oriented
- Well organized and highly motivated
- Ability to take and follow direction from management
- Ability to take a project from A-Z with little direction
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1- 3 years related experience and / or training
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.