Technical Trainer - HD Shocks
- 39300 Country Club Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
Established in 1984 as Midwest Air Technologies, Inc. (MAT Holdings, Inc.) is a $1.2 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide. The company’s core businesses include the production, sales and service of products in the fencing and hardware, automotive and power equipment sectors. MAT is a family of companies and products offering countless opportunities enabled by our global presence in 12 countries and 14,000 employees.
This position is with Ride Control, LLC, a division of MAT Holdings, Inc. Ride Control (Gabriel) holds a significant market share of the aftermarket shock absorber segment. This position is responsible for training the heavy duty shock absorber customers, and attendance at customer functions such as open houses, etc.
We are currently looking for a high energy, dynamic individual who will be the liason and interface with our customers.
- Conduct technical training and sales training sessions at customer’s place of business, and regional and national sales meetings and at trade-shows.
- Attend ride-alongs with customer commercial sales managers to promote and educate their customers on shock absorbers.
- Present technical information and sales training information on shock absorbers to a wide audience (both technical and non-technical). Audience size can vary. The intent of the presentations are to educate the participants by providing technical information and fielding any questions.
- Responsible for problem solving of any customer issues relating to shock absorber fit and/or function during customer visits.
- Become familiar with the customer commercial sales programs and promotions.
- Responsible for on-going relationship building with customer.
- Extensive travel (up to 80%) to various locations across the US and Canada.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating all training sessions/schedule with customer training manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present data in an organized manner
- Strong written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate to and engage an audience in all settings ensuring participants become more knowledgeable on our products and product lines
- Knowledge of OE or aftermarket shock absorbers and components
- Familiar with vehicle maintenance and diagnosis
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills both on an individual basis and group level
- Delivers on commitments, strong follow-up skills and shows consistency between words and actions
- Proven ability to negotiate, making sound decisions in a timely and confident manner
- Ability to influence and shape the decisions of others and to work through issues or conflicts to create
- Highly organized, results driven and an ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to interface with clients and maintain a professional image.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Business,Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years on-the-job experience (ie. service departments, dealerships, vehicle maintenance, etc) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications,
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.