- 39300 Country Club Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
Welcome to the exciting world of Gabriel Ride Control. We are an entrepreneurial manufacturer and distributor leveraging a vast network of global and domestic resources to deliver quality and value to our customers.
You will find our products in home improvement centers, big box retailers, hardware stores and automotive parts chains. They can also be found in the automobiles you drive, the trailers you pull and the heavy duty equipment that operates all around you.
The purpose of this position is the design and release of Ride Control, LLC products. The incumbent will be responsible for all tactical aspects of design and engineering of the product, including technical specifications, design standards and product testing. In addition, providing engineering and technical support to customers and internal departments, application engineering activities and documentation to support all activities.
• Scheduling work and providing problem solving support.
• Review drawings for accuracy before release for prototyping, mass production and customer approval.
• Design review and technical direction.
• Familiar with engineering and product design standards.
• Provide BOM for quoting.
• Conduct technical interfaces with customer engineering to discuss program, design specifications, Design Verification Testing (DVT), planning and reporting DVT results.
• Familiar with customer development program sequencing and documentation needs.
• Knowledge of Product Specification & DVT needs for the customer and able to negotiate special tests as circumstances require.
• Proficiency with APQP product launch program.
• Understanding of standard product design and its relationship to manufacturing and processes.
• Preparation of process feasibility studies for new and modified products.
• Suggest and implement continuous improvements for processes to improve quality and efficiencies.
• Problem solving and analyses, careful and systematic evaluation of information, possible alternatives and consequences.
• Presentation skills, the ability to communicate to an audience in a formal setting.
• Strong commitment to providing world-class customer service, anticipating customer needs and designing, promoting or supporting the delivery of products and services that exceed their expectations.
• Thinks conceptually and intuitively, linking problems and symptoms to identify underlying issues and root causes.
• Makes sound decisions in a timely and confident manner.
• A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to take initiative, to work independently of day-to-day supervision, and to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 3 years related experience.
• Knowledge of chassis systems/suspensions and components preferred.
• Experience working with shocks a plus.
• Strong automotive and/or Tier 1 or 2 business perspective.
• Proven ability to carry out design calculations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.