CV/HD Sales Director
- 39300 Country Club Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
Established in 1907, Gabriel North America designs, manufactures and distributes suspension products for the heavy duty OE & aftermarket, automotive aftermarket and other specialty vehicles. The company is a current market leader in suspension systems products. Gabriel NA currently employs more than 1,300 salaried and hourly employees at several locations in the US and Mexico. The company has two manufacturing facilities; one domestic US and one in Mexico. Revenues for the company are approximately $200MM.
This role is responsible for development and growth of Heavy Duty (HD) and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) sales through existing relationships and new growth platforms. Work with marketing and product management teams to develop the proper product, marketing and sales strategy program. Include a strategy that supports sales objectives by leading and managing the organization’s sales planning functions; analyzing and developing sales structure, sales forecasting tools and resource allocation to optimize business performance. This individual will lead interactions with all organizational levels including Marketing, Pricing, Purchasing, Materials Planning, Engineering and Sales on a regular basis.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals within HD and OEM customers
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth environment where interactions are varied and require knowledge in Engineering, Pricing, Purchasing and Materials Planning, Marketing, and Warranty as it relates to suspension systems and components support.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Develop strategies to increase sales, targeted not only at discretionary purchases, but new markets and opportunities that exist for the OEM and Service channels of distribution.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Responsible for cultivating and managing the growth in relationships at our key customers through direct customer contact and through dedicated senior sales and marketing leadership
- Consult customers in developing strategies that leverages Gabriel experience in the same channel.
- Proficient in effectively managing multiple projects concurrently and prioritize them effectively
- Capable of managing tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment
- Promotes collaboration; involves team members in plans and decisions that affect them
- Fosters Open Communication by promoting open discussion of ideas; providing others with open access to information; listening willingly to input and concerns expressed by others
- Proven ability to influence and shape the decisions of others and to work through issues or conflicts to create
- Ability to develop and execute plans, delegate and follow-up on assigned tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales and marketing or related field required
- Minimum 7 years’ sales and marketing experience
- Minimum 5 years’ in a leadership role managing a team
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience working with major HD OEM organizations such as Navistar, Hendrickson, SAF Holland, etc.
- Experience working with OEM and Aftermarket Customers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.