Tool & Die Maker - Machninst
- 213 Industrial Dr, Jackson, TN 38301, USA
Welcome to the exciting world of MAT Holdings, Inc. We are an entrepreneurial manufacturer and distributor leveraging a vast network of global and domestic resources to deliver quality and value to our customers.
You will find our products in home improvement centers, big box retailers, hardware stores and automotive parts chains. They can also be found in the automobiles you drive, the trailers you pull and the heavy duty equipment that operates all around you
This person will perform preventive maintenance, repairs and modifications on stamping & forming equipment at the Jackson TN facility. This person will also assist engineering in tool and equipment design related to stamping & forming. This person will report to the Quality Engineering Manager.
- Assists in developing and reviewing tooling concepts.
- Develop & perform preventive maintenance on stamping and forming tooling & equipment.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues with stamping and forming equipment including tooling, presses, benders, etc…
- Build, modify and repairs tooling as needed.
- Assist in coordinating any required outside repairs of tooling & equipment.
- Performs general machine shop work as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. The ideal candidate would have experience in the following areas;
- Must have 5+ years of tool & die making experience related to metal stamping & forming including troubleshooting & maintaining drawing dies.
- Must have previous AutoCAD experience.
- The employee must posses metal fabrication skills.
- Must have the ability to identify problems and work together with a team to find solutions.
- Must be able to work well with others and have good communication skills.
- Must be willing to have a flexible work schedule.
- Must demonstrate personal drive and the ability to work alone.
- Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hr week. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated, well-organized.
- Maintain high personal standards of quality.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as effectively communicating with management and direct reports. Should have the ability to recognize communication gaps and appropriately address them.
- Excellent problem solving and team motivational skills are a must.
- Must be flexibility and adapt to changes in the work environment as well as managing competing demands. May require flexible hours when necessary to reach company goals.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with a large variety of individuals, including production personnel, maintenance personnel, manufacturing engineers, management and outside contractors.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.