Account Manager - Automotive
- 39300 Country Club Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
Established in 1907, Gabriel North America designs, manufactures and distributes suspension products for the heavy duty OE & aftermarket, automotive aftermarket and other specialty vehicles. The company is a current market leader in suspension systems products. Gabriel NA currently employs more than 1,300 salaried and hourly employees at several locations in the US and Mexico. The company has two manufacturing facilities; one domestic US and one in Mexico. Revenues for the company are approximately $200MM.
This role will have the primary objective of achieving sales and growth in the Heavy Duty (HD) Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Service Operations and Aftermarket industry. This individual will interact with all organizational levels at the customer as necessary, including Marketing, Pricing, Purchasing, Materials Planning, Engineering, and Sales.
- Develop and execute strategies to conquest sales opportunities that exist for the Heavy Duty (HD) (OEM, Service, and Aftermarket) and/or Specialty (Recreational) channels of distribution.
- Serve as the primary contact in the HD (OEM/Service/Aftermarket) and/or Specialty customer environment where interactions are varied and require knowledge in Engineering, Pricing, Purchasing and Materials Planning, Marketing, and Warranty as it relates to suspension systems and components support.
- Act as a customer advocate to ensure timely execution of actions and communicate results to all applicable internal and external teams.
- Determine relative strengths and weaknesses of our competitors and communicate to marketing and sales groups.
- Gain access to all relevant information on customer suspension system programs/promotions and communicate to all applicable teams.
- Represent company in appropriate discussions to minimize miscommunication while maximizing coordination.
- Spearhead efforts within the customer organizations to gather sales data in a format that will measure the effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Maintain and update files for designated accounts.
- Gather and analyze competitive information to assess our relative position for subsequent action determination.
- Provide consultant resources to the customer organizations by developing marketing programs and sales promotions tailored to the unique strengths of the customers.
- Consult customers in developing aftermarket strategies that leverages Gabriel experience in the same channel.
- High energy and positive attitude are key characteristics.
- Is a Hunter, driven to achieve sales growth objectives.
- Is Committed to Customers - meets commitments to internal and external customers; continually searches for ways to improve customer service; seeks and uses feedback from customers; focuses the organization on efforts that add significant value to customers; consistently drives for increased responsiveness to meeting and anticipating customer needs.
- Strong written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate to an audience in a formal setting.
- Develops relationships with key people at all levels; actively involved and accessible for ideas, help, and support.
- Ability to plan and manage meetings to make effective use of time.
- Consistently involves the appropriate people and teams across boundaries in planning and executing goals and solving problems.
- Delivers on commitments and shows consistency between words and actions.
- Highly organized, results driven and detail oriented.
- Extremely self-motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering or related field.
- Experience working with major HD(OEM, Service, Aftermarket) or Specialty organizations such as Navistar, Hendrickson, SAF Holland, Lifted Truck market, etc.
- Experience working with OE, Service, and/or Aftermarket Customers.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience preferably in heavy duty or Specialty products.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Proven organizational abilities to successfully interact, develop, maintain and follow through on responsibilities.
- Demonstrated strong product and technical knowledge.
- Proficiency in SAP, Sharepoint and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.