- 39300 Country Club Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
Established in 1984 as Midwest Air Technologies, Inc., MAT Holdings, Inc. is a $1.8 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide. The company’s core businesses include the production, sales and service of products in the automotive, commercial vehicle, power equipment, fencing and hardware sectors. MAT is a family of companies and products providing employment opportunities as a result of our global presence in 12 countries and more than 18,000 employees.
Ride Control, LLC designs and manufactures Gabriel and GRC branded products and is a wholly owned subsidiary of MAT Holdings, Inc. The company manufactures and distributes suspension products for the automotive and commercial vehicle aftermarket as well as for specialty vehicle applications. Ride Control LLC profitably generates revenues in excess of $200 million annually and employs more than 1,500 employees with operations in the US and Mexico.
The Controller works in a matrix organization working closely with the General Manager of Ride Control, LLC. and the Group Controller of MAT Holdings, in the consolidation of the financial activities, transactions and processes. This includes the preparation of financial reports and management analysis, communication of financial results with MAT Holdings, analysis of growth opportunities and productivity improvements and acting as the primary interface with external financial auditors.
· Performs the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation of actual financial data.
· Consolidates and complies all relevant financial and non-financial data provided.
· Analyze financial reports, determine cash flow forecast that will help guide financial and operational strategies to company goals.
· Coordinate with management in financial analysis and planning operations.
· Assists in the consolidation of forecasts, operating and strategic plans.
· Prepares Consolidated Statements of Operations, Balance Sheets and Statements of Cash Flows that are used for internal and external reporting purposes.
· Ensures that financial reporting practices are in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
· Prepares ad-hoc financial reports and analyses as requested.
· Perform month-end reconciliation and account closing processes
· Develops and maintains accounting policies and works with affiliates in the US and Mexico to ensure compliance.
· Provide support in budget preparation and expense management activities.
· Develops and improves internal processes related to Costing and Financial reporting.
· Works closely with other functional departments on special projects as necessary.
· Provides leadership and direction to his/her direct reports (accounting team in Farmington Hills and the Plant Controller in Mexico).
· Interface with Corporate Financial shared services (AP, AR, Treasury, Cost accounting) to resolve issues and pull in additional resources as needed.
· Results oriented with great attention to detail
· Ability to maintain a high level of trust; capable of handling sensitive information in a confidential manner.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while delegating to staff and holding the staff accountable.
· Thinks conceptually, links problems and symptoms to identify underlying issues and root causes; proactively formulates potential solutions and follows them to implementation.
· Fosters open communication; listens and responds to input and concerns expressed by others.
· Values teaching, actively works with department staff to grow skills and tax knowledge
· B.S. in Accounting or Finance
· CPA required and Masters degree preferred (MBA or related financial field)
· 7-10 years experience preferred
· Must have manufacturing accounting experience
· SAP experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.