- 213 Industrial Dr, Jackson, TN 38301, USA
Welcome to the exciting world of MAT Holdings, Inc. We are an entrepreneurial manufacturer and distributor leveraging a vast network of global and domestic resources to deliver quality and value to our customers.
You will find our products in home improvement centers, big box retailers, hardware stores and automotive parts chains. They can also be found in the automobiles you drive, the trailers you pull and the heavy duty equipment that operates all around you.
ARE YOU A WELDER WITH FAST PACED PRODUCTION WELDING EXPERIENCE THAT IS INTERESTED IN A 4 DAY WORK WEEK WITH A GROWING COMPANY IN JACKSON, TN? HERE IS THE POSITION FOR YOU!
- Welding in a fast paced assembly style environment.
- Mig welding multiple attachments -12 gauge to .179" brackets and tubing.
- Most welding positions require passing ASME Certification requiring 6" vertical down weld with full penetration on .094 material with a gap of .052". Welded plate root and cover bent to verify no defects in weld. Welds cannot have any defects such as porosity, undercut, concave, etc.Welds must be to code and cosmetically acceptable. Follow all safety regulations and encourage co-workers to follow safety regulations.
- Follow all company policies and procedures and encourage co-workers to follow company policies and procedures.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Gas metal arc welding, flux cored arc welding.
- Assemble and mig weld parts in accordance with blueprints, drawings and verbal instruction.
- Conduct quality inspections of work.
- Maintain equipment in good working condition and report maintenance and safety concerns.
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits on production items.
- Provide data to assist in monitoring and tracking project status.
- Assist in training of junior employees, inspecting their work.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Sign off on completed work orders and quality of work.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques.
- Actively participate in the development of a LEAN manufacturing culture.
- May perform various duties that do not always require hand welding. Welders could be assigned to operate various pieces of welding and non-welding equipment to meet customer demand.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Relevant experience within the last 5 years.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.