- 605 Expansion Boulevard, Port Wentworth, GA, us
Welcome to the exciting world of MAT Holdings, Inc. We are an entrepreneurial manufacturer and distributor leveraging a vast network of global and domestic resources to deliver quality and value to our customers.
You will find our products in home improvement centers, big box retailers, hardware stores and automotive parts chains. They can also be found in the automobiles you drive, the trailers you pull and the heavy duty equipment that operates all around you.
Directs and coordinates all administration, inventory, management of transportation, warehousing, and facility management. Develops team and possesses good management skills. Ensures proper maintenance of the building facilities and equipment. Maintains a cost efficient warehouse operation and a high standard of service to customers. Directs the transportation activities ensuring freight cost efficiencies while providing a high service level to all customers. Monitors the timely and accurately input of warehousing data for measurement purposes. Exercises independent decision making, accountability, initiative, resourcefulness, and execution of OSHA policies and employee welfare.
- Directs the proper handling of all products received and shipped ensuring that support systems reflects accurate and timely goods movement.
- Analyzes inbound and outbound product activity and productivity of manpower and equipment to insure a cost efficient operation and a high standard of service to customers.
- Insures inventory integrity through timely processing of data and accuracy of cycle counting procedures. Supervises physical inventory counts as scheduled.
- Supervises the organization of picking locations. Insures maximum efficiency of space utilization.
- Oversees the operation of the warehouse facilities and ensures it is maintained in a clean and energy efficient manner providing a safe work environment.
- Supervises and schedules all warehouse personnel. Responsibilities include interviewing candidates, insuring that all employees receive appropriate training, observing employee performance, offering feedback and counseling. Responsible for 4 month and annual performance evaluations. Recommends ways of increasing productivity and improving quality.
- Ensures compliance with all corporate warehousing ISO 9000 compliance, safety policies and procedures and with all departments of labor and other governmental agencies.
- Directs the scheduling and routing of transportation activities to satisfy outbound delivery requirements, maintaining a cost per pound of .09 cents or less (including product training and inbound vendor requirements),
- Ensures proper maintenance of material handling and shipping equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, shrink wrap machine, strapping machine, etc.) by monitoring preventative maintenance schedules and service contracts.
- Insures that all products are packed to protect merchandise and that it meets customer requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and expertise in distribution operations and facility management.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English) - Highly Preferred
- 5+ years’ experience – highly preferred.
- Broad knowledge of material handling, warehouse operations and transportation systems required; knowledge of OSHA safety rules required;
- SAP knowledge a PLUS
- Strong leadership,
- Supervision and management skills are required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.