Shipping Lead - 3rd Shift
- 821 Bluff Rd, Romeoville, IL 60446, USA
MAT Holdings, Inc. is a diversified $1 billion global manufacturing, marketing and distribution company that provides quality products and trusted brands to the hardware and fencing, automotive, and power equipment industries. For over 25 years, our multi-faceted global manufacturing and distribution facilities have enabled us to provide our customers' with products, services and logistical solutions tailored to their market needs. MAT is a family of companies and products offering countless opportunities enabled by our global presence.
The shift lead coordinates activities of workers engaged in both inbound and outbound shipping. This includes verifying and keeping records on outgoing shipments, preparing items for shipment and managing product storage within the facility. Serves as an example to subordinates and enforces all applicable safety rules.
- Reviews orders, to determine shipping priorities, work assignments & equipment required to meeting shipping schedules
- Oversees outgoing shipping activities to ensure other fulfillment accuracy, completeness, & condition of loads
- Responsible for leading his/her shift in the efficient processing of freight including receiving, storage order picking, & loading for all customers
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects & notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair
- Issue written & oral instructions
- Responsible for the accuracy of all work performed
- Responsible for adherence & execution of standardized procedures
- Maintain good housekeeping in area & adhere to established Company Safety policies at all times
Supervises shipping personnel. Serves as an example to subordinates and enforces all applicable safety rules.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Shipping and Receiving experience
- 1 Year experience in previous supervisory experience
- SAP Experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.