Engineering Manager (Remote)
- Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
MANGOPAY is a leading European fintech aiming to shape the future of exchanges by building powerful payment technologies for entrepreneurs.
We specialise in providing payment technology for marketplaces and crowdfunding platforms to enable them to process funds easily and automatically, so that they can focus on their business. Today, we have over 2,500 clients all across Europe, including some of the most innovative marketplaces such as Vinted, Rakuten, and more, for whom we have processed more than 18 billion euros since our creation in 2013.
Our everyday actions are based on our three values: entrepreneurship, collaboration and diversity. We have seven offices across Europe and we are proud to foster an inclusive and dynamic work environment, which has enabled us to grow into an innovative leader both locally and internationally.
As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for one of our feature teams.
Your main tasks will be:
- Managing a team: 1:1, skills development, set goals, ...
- Recruiting QA & Developers (junior to senior) to build your team
- Analysing and technical designing features related to the team
- Coordinating developments Along with product management team (technical breakdown of tasks, prioritization with the product)
- Reviewing developments
- Communicating and organizing with other manager (organisation, tech...)
- Structuring and developing our working methods (e.g. introducing the definition of acceptance criteria with QA and PMS)
- Be the tech reference point for features
We are looking for an Engineering with 10+ years' experience who:
- Are passionnated by managing in a tech environment.
- Likes to work in a team (agile environment) and has good interpersonal skills
- Likes to think about complex issues and is a strong proposer
- Enjoys organization and planning
- Likes to deliver quality, high-performance and tested code, by promoting good practices: TDD, peer-programming, software craftmanship, etc.
- Enjoys keeping a permanent watch on technological developments
Knowledge of 100% of the stack is obviously not required (but if you know it's even better). We are open to curious people who want to learn.
- .Net Core, .Net 4.8 (migration .Net 6 incoming)
- RabbitMQ (MassTransit)
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- Elasticsearch Redis
- Git (Gitlab), TeamCity, Octopus Deploy
Do you know the Joel Spolsky test?
Here are our answers:
Source control: yes (GIT, master branch, release branches and feature branches)
One-step build: yes (CI: TeamCity)
Daily builds : yes (at each merge on release branches + nightly build)
Bug database : yes (JIRA)
Bugs fixed before writing new code : yes for bugs considered critical, others are prioritized in the backlog
Up-to-date schedule : no, but we try
Specs : yes
Quiet working conditions: yes
Best tools that money can buy : new laptop (Dell XPS 15, core i7 16GB ram and 512SSD) for each newcomer + resharper if desired + 100€ to buy personal material (ex : footrest, keyboard...)
Testers: yes (QA for automation + devs/product to test specific tickets)
Code screening: yes (technical testing + live coding)
Hallway usability testing: no
This position is available in 100% telework (full remote) from Paris, Luxembourg, Dublin, London, Warsaw
- HR call
- Interview 1 with one of our Engineering Manager
- Interview 2 with our VP Engineering