- 2250 Bumble Bee Hollow Rd, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055, USA
We serve primarily commercial clients across the Mid-Atlantic states. This is a terrific opportunity to join a successful firm that is focused on providing an exceptional customer experience in all we do. If you are a dedicated professional wanting to expand your skills and capabilities come join us. If you enjoy changing work environments and the type of work performed on a regular basis, this is a great fit for you.
ROLE SUMMARY: This is an entry level position for a sharp, articulate, professional; degree not required. The primary role of the DESIGN Engineer is to support our clients by designing accurate and cost effective solutions which include all forms of electronic security and audio, powered pedestrian door and vehicle gate systems, as well as some specialty systems including wander management. The DESIGN Engineer interacts with Account Managers and customers both in pre and post-sale phases. Designs include one-line drawings, bill of materials, verification of site conditions; all meeting the financial conditions under which the solution was sold. The DESIGN Engineer must be able to work under tight deadlines and deliver accurate products. Once completed and approved by the Design Review Team, the DESIGN Engineer will engage with Project Managers and Technicians in turning the project over to them for execution and completion.
There is a 12 month training period for this position before the DESIGN Engineer to facilitate designing independently. The speed with which this professional can move to create accurate cost effective designs on their own is directly related to their compensation. The Design Review Committee reviews all production from this position and evaluates performance along with the Customer Solutions Manager.
HOURS AND PAY PERIOD: M-F 7am – 4pm or as needed to achieve company objectives and fulfill client needs. Hourly/Non-Exempt position - pay period: Bi-weekly.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: This position reports to: Customer Solutions Manager. Reporting to this position are: None
- Minimum of 1 Year of Design or Engineering Experience
- At least 3 years of Project Management Experience or Technician Experience is considered comparable to the engineering and design requirement
- No degree necessary
- General exposure to the following areas is desired:
- Low voltage systems
- Electro-mechanical hardware
- Software applications
- Use of Visio software
- Possess fluent knowledge of office technology platforms
- Strong Innovative, Motivational, and Proactive Personality
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to prioritize in a fast-paced working environment
- Knowledge/Capability to manage customer needs
- Follows the design schedule and meets design delivery deadlines
- Has a first time pass rate of 75% or higher through the design review committee
- Produces accurate customer solution designs that work and do not require part returns or trigger cost over runs.
- Supports Account Managers and Estimators by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel
- Network with contractors, manufacturers, and vendors to establish rapport which in return will produce business
- Assist Account Managers as needed with design, pricing, and presentation
- Present any products or solutions you feel will aid in additional revenue or support for M3T clients
- Assist Account Managers, Project Managers, Integration techs as needed to achieve project goals. This would be done by phone support, design support, or occasionally going on site to evaluate the situation and/or field work.
- Preform any surveys as needed to support sales process
- Communicate with leadership and marketing to find out ways to retain and increase customers.
- Meet business objectives by identifying products and pricing that meet customer needs.
Click here to Download the M3T Corporation Employment Application
Please send your resume to [email protected] com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.