Client Development Associate
- 213 W Institute Pl, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
M1 is reinventing personal finance and creating the next generation financial institution. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, and spend your money are woefully outdated and overpriced. That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible with new technology and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money.
We started by building a beautiful, one-of-a-kind automated investing platform. People can easily customize and automate their investments, borrow against a portfolio line of credit, and soon, use M1 as their bank – creating the next generation personal finance account. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to manage your money.
Headquartered in Chicago, we’re rapidly growing and currently manage over half a billion dollars with hundreds of thousands of users. But we are not done. We’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
The Client Development Associate will assist in growing the M1 client base with a focus on increasing assets under management. This will be accomplished by engaging with our existing client base through proactive outbound communication and providing excellent service and support to M1 existing client’s. They will also be responsible for aggregating user feedback that provides M1’s product team with actionable information to prioritize and develop features within the application. Overall, we are looking for a compassionate individual that will go above and beyond in improving our client experience with a committed focus on growth of the client base and assets.
Assist in various day to day tasks of the client development team that includes but not limited to.
- Proactively make outbound sales calls to existing clients to better familiarize them with the functionality of M1 Finance.
- Assist and lead one on one product walk-through with clients
- Campaign management, including prospecting and calling on existing clients.
- Assist in the planning and ideation of various ongoing client seminars, events and webinars
- Ensuring CRM system is up to date and activities are accurately documented.
- Collecting qualitative data to better assist product and marketing channels
- Long term interest in a sales or marketing
- Excellent Written and verbal skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to a select audiences
- Keen interest in the financial services industry
- Current FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses preferred (Must obtain licenses within 3 months of joining firm)
- 0-2 years of experience in sales or customer service is preferred..
Ideally, we are looking for a highly organized, entrepreneurial individual to join our team. What we care about most is hiring someone who will take direct ownership of their job function and will put in whatever effort it takes to get the job done