Web Front-End Engineer
- 213 W Institute Pl, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
M1 is a young, rapidly growing company determined to reinvent personal finance. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money fall short of what's possible with new technologies, and we're looking to change that. We're building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money through a free and intuitive automated financial platform. We already manage hundreds of millions of dollars and are signing up thousands of new customers each week, but we’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for a talented Web front-end engineer to help us scale. We’re a high-performance, high-impact team that values curiosity, collaboration, and transparency. Diversity is important to us and unique perspectives are welcome.
Our team is small and everyone has a direct hand in shaping the future of the product. If you’re the kind of engineer who is looking to both help us grow and grow with us— then we’d love to talk to you.
- Build new and improve existing Web product functionality
- Work directly with our design team to deliver high-quality, polished UI
- Contribute towards architectural improvements
- Engage with designers and other engineers to ensure a unified product experience
- Develop, implement, and operate testing processes that ensure consistent quality
- Monitor, triage, and respond to production bug reports and customer issues
- Prior experience building and maintaining React web apps with rich user interfaces
- Familiarity with GraphQL APIs and client libraries preferred
- Additional experience with Node.js development a plus
- Structured, organized thinker that is both attentive to detail and mindful of the big picture
- Basic knowledge of and interest in investing and personal finance
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible work hours and PTO
- Standard office perks (snacks, drinks, up-to-date hardware and software) that will allow you to do your best work
- Office in River North conveniently located near public transit
- Transparent and open communication about the business
Please provide a resume citing past projects which demonstrate your React web engineering capabilities.
This is a full-time, on-site position at our Chicago, IL headquarters (no remote). Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. Sorry, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
M1 will not consider candidates submitted from third party recruiting firms.