Digital Marketing Intern
- 213 W Institute Pl, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
M1 is a young, rapidly growing Fintech company based in Chicago. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are falling short of what’s possible given new technologies.
That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money, in 1 integrated financial account. In just the past 12 months we've opened over 100,000 accounts for clients who added nearly half a billion dollars to M1, we're reached the 5th highest ranked investing app in both app stores with raving 5-star reviews, passing the big four brokerages, and we've attracted all types of investors to our one-of-a-kind, free automated investing platform.
And we are not done. We are just getting started, with ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. A breakthrough product like M1 is the result of a talented team and strong work culture. Join us and help build the future of personal finance in a fun and focused environment with financially rewarding opportunities and raving fans.
M1 Finance is seeking an organized and self-motivated student to be our part-time Digital Marketing Intern. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. This is a valuable opportunity for students who are looking to gain valuable and practical marketing experience with a growing challenger brand. Digital Marketing, Marketing Communications or Journalism majors in their junior and senior years of college with past internship experience are preferred. Excellent communication skills, spelling and grammar, a passion for writing, strong attention to detail and a familiarity with all major social media platforms are essential to succeed in this position. Interest or personal experience in investing is a plus; financial literacy is a must.
What you'll do
- Research subject matter, competitors and target audience
- Weekly outreach to third party websites and organizations
- Edit blog posts, news articles, social content & website copy
- Monitor analytics with marketing team to identify viable strategies
- Monitor trends in the industry in order to create engaging social media content
- Help lead one or more guerrilla marketing campaigns
- Complete assignments quickly, on time, with minimal information
- Send supervisor(s) progress updates throughout each week
- Spend a minimum of 4 hours per week in the office
- A resume that clearly says "I want a marketing job when I graduate"
- Social media marketing: 1+ year experience (preferred)
- Email marketing: 1+ year experience (preferred)
- Microsoft Excel/Word/Powerpoint: 1+ year experience (preferred)
- Live in/near Chicago, with reliable transportation
- Currently a college student
- Preferred: Personal knowledge of investing
- Preferred: eligible to participate in a credited internship program through your university
Qualities/skills you need
- Coachable and Resourceful
- Self-motivated and on-time
- Eagerness to learn all aspects of digital marketing
- Knowledge of proper spelling and grammar
- Attention to detail
- Excellent writer
- Extremely organized
- Wage: $15/hour
- Office in River North conveniently located near public transportation
- Cozy office with other interns working with other teams
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
M1 Finance: Be Invested.