Digital Marketing Specialist
- 213 W Institute Pl, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
M1 is a young, rapidly growing Fintech company based in Chicago. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are falling short of what’s possible given new technologies.
That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money, in 1 integrated financial account. In just the past 12 months we've opened over 100,000 accounts for clients who added nearly half a billion dollars to M1, we're reached the 5th highest ranked investing app in both app stores with raving 5-star reviews, passing the big four brokerages, and we've attracted all types of investors to our one-of-a-kind, free automated investing platform.
And we are not done. We are just getting started, with ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. A breakthrough product like M1 is the result of a talented team and strong work culture. Join us and help build the future of personal finance in a fun and focused environment with financially rewarding opportunities and raving fans.
Our Digital Marketing Specialist is part of a nimble and growing team, reporting directly to M1’s head of Marketing, focused on lead generation and user acquisition. In this critical role you will help us grow the inbound marketing channels that introduce and convert the best customers to our platform, including affiliates, customer referrals, social media and influencers. In addition, you will be enhancing and managing the marketing pages of our website for conversion. Can you write campaign content for a mature financial consumer? This role is hands on, and writing and managing content in all forms, every day, will be an essential part of your success.
This opportunity is a good fit if you are articulate, persuasive, and tech savvy. The position requires excellent written communication and copywriting skills, solid relationship building and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. To be successful, you have experience managing a successful affiliate and referral program for a challenger brand. You'll also need solid experience with websites designed to convert without the help of a salesperson. You’ll partner with Operations, Product and Engineering teams in a role that is both strategic and tactical.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Tirelessly evangelize the M1 mission and brand purpose with passion
- Manage and build key relationships with affiliate sites, influencers, and lead aggregators
- Refine social media strategy, research target audiences and actively write and schedule posts with Sprout
- Lead the distribution of existing and new contributed content as well as backlink outreach to target websites
- Optimize all campaigns using A/B testing
- Coordinate with internal teams for creative content and design elements
- Find new opportunities that grow customer base
- 3+ years in demand generation including strategy, creative development, buying/bidding, tracking
- 2+ years experience developing and nurturing affiliate relations
- Masterful ability with social platforms to ignite conversations and boost sharing
- Have worked in a fast-growth start-up (personal finance space a plus)
- Passion for performance data and conversion optimization
- Proven ability to negotiate contributed content and backlink outreach
- Working knowledge of financial services industry, particularly investing (More a plus)
- Basic HTML skills are essential
- Strong writing, proofing and editing skills
- Track record of A/B testing
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Tremendous written communication skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal abilities
- Self-motivated, highly organized and efficient
Don't forget the Perks!
- Unlimited PTO & personal days
- Comprehensive health benefits - Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Office in River North conveniently located near public transportation
- Opportunities for professional advancement
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Apple laptop and accessories
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
M1 will not consider candidates submitted from third party recruiting firms.
M1 Finance: Be Invested.