- 213 W Institute Pl, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
M1 is a young, rapidly growing Fintech company based in Chicago. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are falling short of what’s possible given new technologies.
That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money. In just the past 12 months we've opened over 100,000 accounts for clients who added nearly half a billion dollars to M1, we're reached the 5th highest ranked investing app in both app stores with raving 5-star reviews, passing the big four brokerages, and we've attracted all types of investors to our one-of-a-kind, free automated investing platform.
And we are not done. We are just getting started, with ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. A breakthrough product like M1 is the result of a talented team and strong work culture. Join us and help build the future of personal finance in a fun and focused environment with financially rewarding opportunities.
The M1 team uses both data and creativity to develop and market a world-class money management solution, which is why we are currently seeking a talented Business Analyst to join our team. As our Business Analyst you will not only crunch numbers, you will help us continually improve our customer's experience. You will play a key role in propelling M1’s growth ambitions by making impactful, data-driven recommendations to 1) fuel customer acquisition and our marketing initiatives, 2) develop new product logic and features and 3) improve business economics. Ultimately, the right candidate will be a competent storyteller, using analytical rigor and sound statistical methodology to mine through information, identify patterns and reveal the insight that leads us to success.
This opportunity is a good fit if you are articulate, persuasive, and tech savvy. Your challenge will be gather and optimize the data coming in from various sources including SQL databases, Salesforce, Google Analytics, ad platforms (Google, Facebook, etc.), A/B testing, and more. The business analyst will work to develop, maintain and communicate project plans for all research projects, applied insights, product development and client support. Close collaboration with other teams across the firm is critical in this role. The position will report to the head of marketing and work closely with the CEO as well as leaders of product, operations and engineering.
What You’ll do:
- Analyze market trends, key business drivers and the competitive landscape to identify, evaluate and optimize our go-to-market messaging and media spend
- Leverage behavioral data to drive customer acquisition through successful execution of M1’s go-to-market strategy and critical enhancements of our product
- Support Marketing leader in investigation, analysis, documentation and reporting on key business drivers of the digital program
- Support the full client financial life cycle from onboarding to platform maturity as the subject matter expert on a deeply financial product
- Design and build queries, reports, and dashboards using business intelligence tools adhering to established frameworks and standards
- Consistently deliver high-quality business intelligence solutions and services to internal teams on schedule
- Bring structure to ambiguous business problems and recommend visualization solutions that can be easily interpreted by users
- Improve all documentation and procedures for report design and production
- Exercise flexibility in handling multiple tasks in this fast paced FinTech/Start-up environment
- Work with internal teams to deliver standard and ad hoc reports to meet the needs of the business
- Establish a project tracking and delivery framework for all research project
- Utilize information from multiple internal and external sources to provide data and analytical support for annual business plans and global/regional marketing initiatives
- Provide information and insights regarding customers, customer behavior, markets, competitors, and campaign effectiveness to measure performance and support business decisions
- Lead efforts in compiling and validating internal and external marketing data for use in projects for Marketing, PR and Strategic Planning.
- 2+ years of SQL experience and a willingness to learn • 1-3 years work experience in digital marketing and/or data analysis
- Prior experience in management consulting, business analysis, market research or another highly analytical, solutions-oriented role
- Scrappy, can-do attitude – someone who will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Solid understanding of statistical methodologies and data analysis
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to creatively develop analytic solutions given our business model
- Willingness to gather and organize "non-standard" or unstructured data
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Extra points for a Statistics and Mathematics background
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Ability to be hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Coachable with a willingness to learn
- Organized with a keen eye and attention for detail
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing SEM/PPC campaigns
- Experience in financial services, payments, brokerage
- Unlimited PTO & personal days
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Stock options for all employees
- Office in River North conveniently located near public transportation