- 213 W Institute Pl, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
M1 is a young, rapidly growing company determined to reinvent personal finance. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are woefully undershooting what’s possible given new technologies. That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money.
We have built a one-of-a-kind, free automated investing platform. People can easily create and automate a personalized investment portfolio. And, it’s free. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to invest in what you want.
We manage hundreds of millions of dollars and are signing up thousands of new customers each week. But we are not done. We’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
We’re seeking an experienced UX designer to join our product development team and lead UX/UI design for our iOS, Android, and web applications.
The successful candidate is a first-principles thinker that practices design as a structured, problem-solving discipline with the customer at the center. They will have deep knowledge of product and UI/UX design, and have experience applying that knowledge to both mobile and web apps. They will work alongside a small team of hardworking individuals to design great new product functionality and refine core experiences. They will be eager to harness this opportunity to both advance their career and make a big impact on the growth of our company.
- Lead UX and UI design efforts for all product platforms — iOS, Android, Web
- Devise intuitive user interfaces and flows that address business objectives and fulfill user needs
- Seek out and understand design parameters and constraints, make informed tradeoffs
- Clearly articulate design motivations and rationale, work collaboratively to optimize for the best solution
- Help collect, organize, analyze, and react to user feedback
- Formulate and test hypotheses against behavioral analytics
- Create design documentation, storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups, design assets, and other deliverables
- Engage with product engineers to ensure successful execution of design specifications
- Manage and maintain our design language system
- Contribute to and help evolve the processes by which we design and engineer our product
- Prior professional product and UX/UI design experience, preferably focused on mobile apps
- Firm understanding of platform-specific constructs on iOS, Android, and web
- Prior experience designing intuitive consumer products within an intricate domain (finance or other)
- Structured thinker, interrogates the problem and works out solutions from first principles
- Highly-organized, simultaneously attentive to detail and mindful of the big picture
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated, growth-minded
- General knowledge of investing and personal finance
- Stock options for all employees
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Office in River North conveniently located near public transit
Please provide a link to a digital portfolio and/or representative past projects which demonstrate your problem-solving and UX/UI design capabilities for mobile apps and web.
This is a full-time, on-site position at our Chicago, IL headquarters (no remote). Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. Sorry, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
M1 will not consider candidates submitted from third party recruiting firms.