- 213 W Institute Pl, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
M1 is a young, rapidly growing Fintech company based in Chicago. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are woefully undershooting what’s possible given new technologies. That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money.
We built a one-of-a-kind, free automated investing platform. People can easily create and automate a personalized portfolio. And, it’s free. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to invest in what you want.
We manage hundreds of millions of dollars of assets, with thousands of new customers signing up each week and rave reviews from our userbase. But we are not done. We’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
The Communications Manager is a new position as part of a nimble and growing team, reporting directly to M1’s head of Marketing. The successful candidate will be faced with an exhilarating challenge: helping to build M1’s expanding relationships with the news media, influencers and generating a groundswell of excitement and energy for our young but rapidly growing brand.
- Tirelessly evangelize the M1 mission and brand purpose with passion
- Develop creative strategies for telling the M1 story to different audiences and communicating our ongoing growth and evolution in a compelling way
- Manage and build key relationships with members of the local, national and financial industry press, including organizing frequent face-to-face opportunities
- Identifying the best possibilities to ensure visibility for the M1 brand and the company’s key spokespeople
- Lead the distribution of existing and new contributed content as well as backlink outreach to target websites
- Manage and vet all media inquiries and interview requests
- Create and maintain a methodology for analyzing the impact of M1’s PR initiatives to inform future action
- Identify participation opportunities with particular conferences and events that support key business objectives
- Help write and publish press releases for company announcements
- At least 5 years of professional PR and communications experience (preferably with a fast-growth start-up and/or within the personal finance space)
- 2+ years experience negotiating contributed content and backlink outreach
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial services industry, particularly investing
- Experience in developing sustained and transparent media relationships
- Masterful ability with social platforms to ignite conversations and build relationships
- Tremendous written communication skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal abilities
- Self-motivated, highly organized and efficient
- Unlimited PTO & personal days
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Stock options for all employees
- Office in River North conveniently located near public transportation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
M1 will not consider candidates submitted from third party recruiting firms.