VP of Marketing
- 213 W Institute Pl, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
M1 is a young, rapidly growing Fintech company based in Chicago. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are woefully undershooting what’s possible given new technologies. That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money.
We built a one-of-a-kind, free automated investing platform. People can easily create and automate a personalized portfolio. And, it’s free. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to invest in what you want.
We manage hundreds of millions of dollars, are signing up thousands of new customers each week, and have rave reviews from our userbase. But we are not done. We’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
The VP of Marketing will lead all marketing and growth efforts at M1 and report directly to the CEO. Given the stage of company, every M1 employee has an objective of growth. But, the VP of Marketing will be uniquiely responsible for creating and operationalizing a growth engine to quickly and cost effectively acquire users and assets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own the marketing strategy and funnel needed to drive overall business success
- Create a growth engine that attracts, engages, and retains users and assets
- Oversee the strategy, development, and execution of M1’s analytics capabilities
- Set up a framework and process to iteratively hypothesize, test, analyze and repeat marketing and growth tactics
- Manage direct reports in creative and analytics as well as work cross functionally with the product and engineering team
- Highly analytical, data-driven marketing and growth mindset
- Experience with growing a consumer product, ideally a digital product or app and for a small or mid-size company
- In depth knowledge of product marketing tactics to optimize conversion and referral / virality
- In depth knowledge of digital marketing tactics to scalably and cost effectively acquire desirable customers
- Prior financial service experience is a plus, but must at least have significant interest in personal finance and investing
- Self-motivated, highly organized and efficient
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and available to work on-site at our Chicago, IL headquarters.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
M1 will not consider candidates submitted from third party recruiting firms.