Lead iOS Engineer
- 213 W Institute Pl, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
M1 is a young, rapidly growing company determined to reinvent personal finance. We believe the current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are woefully undershooting what’s possible given new technologies. That’s why we’re rethinking what’s possible and building the tools to empower people to make the most of their money.
We have built a one-of-a-kind, free automated investing platform. People can easily create and automate a personalized investment portfolio. And, it’s free. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to invest in what you want.
We manage hundreds of millions of dollars and are signing up thousands of new customers each week. But we are not done. We’re just getting started and have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
We are seeking a talented, experienced engineer to own the end-to-end development and operation of our iOS app and guide its future evolution. Our most active platform (others include Android and web), our iOS app currently enjoys a 4.7/5 rating with 2,000+ reviews and a top 200 ranking in the finance category — but we are dedicated to reaching #1.
The successful candidate will join our product development team and take the lead on reaching that goal. They will collaborate with our product engineers and designers to build great new functionality and refine core experiences in the iOS app. They will help steer the product roadmap and take initiative in planning new features across all platforms. They will have a passion for delighting users, find motivation in customer feedback, and take pride in their results.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own the overall quality of the iOS customer experience
- Build new and perfect existing iOS product functionality
- Manage and maintain a robust and extensible application architecture
- Keep pace with the iOS ecosystem and integrate with new platform capabilities
- Develop, implement, and operate testing processes that ensure consistently high quality
- Monitor and respond to production app crashes and customer issues
- Manage automated build processes, private beta testing, and store metadata
- Engage with designers and other platform leads to ensure a unified product experience
- Lead product planning and development work beyond the iOS platform
- Expert knowledge of Swift, UIKit, and iOS app development
- 3+ years of professional iOS app development experience
- Broad knowledge of client application and systems architecture patterns
- Prior experience building and maintaining apps with extensive feature sets, rich user interfaces, and comprehensive API integrations
- Prior experience operating and supporting production apps with large user bases
- Highly-organized, attentive to detail, dependable
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated, growth-minded
- General knowledge of investing and personal finance
This is a full-time, on-site position at our Chicago, IL headquarters (no remote). Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
M1 will not consider candidates submitted from third party recruiting firms.