- 213 W Institute Pl, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
At M1, we are dedicated to designing and building the most useful and enjoyable financial platform ever created. Just a little over a year after publicly launching, M1 is experiencing tremendous growth, and we are looking to continue our momentum. As part of that effort, we are creating an unparalleled brand experience that fuels our growth and contributes to our customers’ financial well-being and their satisfaction with our product. We are a young, rapidly growing company determined to reinvent personal finance. Join us and help build the future.
The Communications Director is a part of a nimble and quickly growing group, reporting directly to M1’s Chief Marketing Officer. The successful candidate will be faced with an exhilarating challenge: helping to build M1’s expanding relationships with the news media and generating a groundswell of excitement and energy for our young but rapidly growing brand.
- Tirelessly evangelize the M1 mission and brand purpose with passion
- Develop creative strategies for telling the M1 story and communicating our company’s ongoing growth and evolution in a compelling way
- Manage and build key relationships with members of the local, national and financial industry press, including organizing frequent face-to-face opportunities
- Identifying the best possibilities to ensure visibility for the M1 brand and the company’s key spokespeople
- Manage and vet all media inquiries and interview requests
- Create and maintain a methodology for analyzing the impact of M1’s PR initiatives to inform future action
- Identify participation opportunities with particular conferences and events that support key business objectives
- Guide the development of press releases for company announcements
- Tremendous written communication skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial services industry, particular investing
- Experience in developing sustained and transparent media relationships
- Masterful ability with social platforms to ignite conversations and build relationships
- At least 5 years of professional PR and communications experience (preferably with a fast-growth start-up or PR agency and/or within the personal finance space)
- Self-motivated, highly organized and efficient
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
M1 will not consider candidates submitted from third party recruiting firms.