Senior Satellite Mechanical and Thermal Architect - Team Leader - Space Industry Luxembourg (m/f/o)
- Betzdorf, Luxembourg
The Luxembourg System Integrator for Microsatellites & Aerospace Systems
- Microsatellites, space systems and subsystem design, specification, manufacturing and test
- Space applications, service development and operation
LuxSpace Sàrl, a member of the OHB group family, is offering Micro Satellites, TT&C subsystems, system consultancy, engineering and integration and application services, as well as related R&D to national and international customers.
"Unique Individuals creating One powerful Team"
Our LuxSpace Team is composed of highly skilled and motivated professionals having joined us from more than 15 countries.
LuxSpace offers a dynamic and challenging, multinational, open minded and innovative work environment with a cooperative management culture and flexible working time options.
Senior Satellite Mechanical and Thermal Architect - Team Leader Option - Space Industry Luxembourg (m/f/o)
In the course of developing new satellites, OHB LuxSpace is recruiting an experienced satellite mechanical and thermal subsystem engineer (10 years + of experience) for permanent employment. The position offers shaping actively the mechanical and thermal subsystem of current and future LuxSpace satellites as well as leading the mechanical and thermal team.
An experienced mechanical and thermal subsystem engineer is required to complement and lead the mechanical and thermal team at LuxSpace. A solid background in mechanical and thermal subsystem development with experience from several satellite projects, preferably microsatellite projects, is a must.
Tasks to be performed:
Satellite configuration and accommodation
- Finding the best compromise in placement of equipment within a satellite structure, fulfilling their accommodation needs
- Management of the structure and thermal interfaces with systems engineering
Satellite structure and thermal design
- Establish structure and thermal concept for the satellite platform
- Defining and designing the satellite structure, together with the mechanical design and analysis engineer
- Defining and designing the satellite thermal control hardware, together with the thermal design and analysis engineer
- Working out structure and thermal requirements in addition to system requirements flow down
- Definition, planning and control of mechanical and thermal subsystem verification, including specification of test requirements
Technical supplier management for structure and thermal hardware supplier
- Definition and organization of work packages
- Establishing technical requirements specifications for structure and thermal subsystem
- Organization of reviews of mechanical analyses and test documentation
- Organization of reviews of thermal analyses and test documentation
- Review of interface control documents and responsible for consistency between unit level and structure + thermal ICDs
Vibration and TVac testing
- Organization of test campaign in accordance with AIT
- Participation in testing activities
Electronic unit design
- Design responsible for mechanical and thermal aspects of electronic units
- Responsible for meeting the mechanical and thermal requirements on the electronic unit
Mechanical and thermal architect lead
- As architect leading of an engineering team within the project, including management of subcontractors involved in mechanical and thermal activities
Leading the mechanical and thermal team
- Technical and functional team management
- Development of team members
- Team member guidance and evaluation
- Resource management
- Proposal contributions, including mechanical and thermal effort budgeting
- Responsible for the operability of the mechanical workshop
Candidate Profile, Skills and Qualities:
- University degree (Master/Diploma/PhD) or equivalent in a relevant field
- At least 10 year of experience in phase B/C/D satellite projects
- Experience in leading an engineering team (technical and functional)
- Specialized knowledge in the fields of satellite structures and thermal control as well as analysis, gained in a professional position in space industry, preferably with focus on micro satellites.
- Experience in generating requirements and working requirements based
- In depth understanding of satellite structure and thermal subsystem
- Experience in technical supplier management
- Experience in vibration and TVac testing (preparation, execution and correlation)
- Additional conversance in design and analysis tools (Solidworks, Hypermesh, NASTRAN, ESATAN)
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Results oriented work approach
- Good communication capabilities, analytical sense and priority setting abilities
- Languages: Good English language skills (spoken and written)
- In line with applicable (immigration) legislation, all candidates must be eligible to live and work in Luxembourg / be an EU / EEA citizen, and possess all applicable work and residence permissions for Luxembourg.
- Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from the applicants as part of the recruitment process.
- In view of the nature of projects concerned and job profile, candidates may have to undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
- Readiness and eligibility for security clearance procedures may be required from candidates.
- Dynamic, innovative and challenging
- Join our team of highly skilled and motivated professionals.
- Living and working in Luxembourg info: www.guichet.lu
- Permanent employment contract
- Full-time (40 h / week)
- Flexible working time options
Your Online Application:
- Please in English language
- Let us know your motivation
- Your Curriculum Vitae (Europass appreciated)
- Kindly include your salary expectations (EUR annual gross)
Please apply solely online via our LuxSpace Career Page. Thank you!