Electrical Power System ( EPS ) and Electronics Engineer - Space Industry Luxembourg (m/f/o)
- Betzdorf, Luxembourg
The Luxembourg System Integrator for Microsatellites & Aerospace Systems
LuxSpace Sàrl is a member of the OHB group family.
LuxSpace vision is to technologically enable the use of Space by players with great missions on Earth. Leveraging our flight heritage and our 15+ years hands-on experience, our team builds the vision by reshaping the way microsatellite solutions and Space based services are conceived, developed, and delivered.
LuxSpace focuses on:
- Complete microsatellite systems in the 20-200 Kg class
- Space systems and subsystems design, specification, procurement, manufacturing, integration, and testing. This includes structure, TT&C subsystems, electronics, Radio Frequency, power supply, AOCS, simulators, on- board software, GSEs and all major elements of satellites
- Satellite services and applications with a focus on Automatic Identification System (AIS) and Earth Observation (EO)
Our OHB LuxSpace Team is composed of highly skilled and motivated professionals having joined us from more than 15 countries.
LuxSpace offers a dynamic and challenging, multinational, open minded and innovative work environment with a cooperative management culture and flexible working time options.
Electrical Power System and Electronics Engineer (m/f/o)
For spaceborne electrical power system development and general electronics design, LuxSpace is recruiting for an experienced (7y +) electronics engineer.
An experienced electronics generalist with emphasis on electrical power systems engineering and a profound understanding of related analogue and digital circuit design to participate in the in development / design of power systems for satellites. A good knowledge of space electronics is considered a plus.
Activities comprise requirements and architectural engineering as well as supervision of subcontractors.
Several years of experience is a must.
Required skills and typical tasks to be performed:
- Electrical power systems
- Being the focal point for all aspects of satellite electrical power system – solar panels, power control unit, power distribution unit, power converters.
- Elaboration of requirement specification. Flow down from System- to equipment- requirements and their justification
- Analogue and digital circuit design
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Simulation on system level
- Provision of design documentation like: Technical notes, design description, worst case analysis etc.
- Review of design documentation from external suppliers and participation to review meetings
- Supervising suppliers
- Other tasks and duties assigned by manager(s)
- Temporarily or permanently performing other reasonable and equivalent duties
Ideal Candidate Profile and Qualities:
- Experience to work in the aerospace / space industry, preferably having working experience with ESA
- Background in satellite Power Systems as well as general electronics for space (preferable for small/micro satellites)
- General knowledge of electronic circuits and the application of respective simulation tools for design and analysis (incl. EMC)
- Specific knowledge of electronic components for space (desirable)
- Excellent sense of responsibility
- Structured hands-on work-approach
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer oriented thinking-approach
- Positive spirit to work and interface with a multinational team
- Readiness to work flexible where necessary in line with project needs and schedules
- Languages: Good English skills (spoken and written) is a must, German and/or French considered an asset
- Not subject to export control restrictions
- In line with applicable (immigration) legislation, all candidates must be eligible to live and work in Luxembourg / be an EU / EEA citizen, and possess all applicable work and residence permissions for Luxembourg.
- Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from the applicants as part of the recruitment process.
- In view of the nature of projects concerned and job profile, candidates may have to undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
- Readiness and eligibility for security clearance procedures may be required from candidates.
- Dynamic, innovative, challenging
- Join our team of highly skilled and motivated professionals.
- Living and working in Luxembourg info: www.guichet.lu
- Permanent employment contract
- Full-time (40 h / week)
- Flexible working time options
Your Online Application:
- Please in English language
- Let us know your motivation
- Submit your Curriculum Vitae (Europass appreciated)
- Kindly include your salary expectations (EUR annual gross)
Please apply solely online via our LuxSpace Career Website. Thank you!